vein tap

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter 11: vein tap

content warnings: sexual content and descriptions of blood

the forest around us continued to become denser. i couldn't be sure which state we were in; but i figured we had crossed a boundary at some point. "where are we going?" i asked for the thousandth time. i knew he wouldn't answer; but it would annoy him.

he groaned loudly, throwing his head back on the seat, "if you keep asking i'm going to put a blindfold on you." he flicked his neck to me before turning his attention back on the road. for a few miles the roads had emptied; we were on a street with beat up tar and potholes now.

i poked his arm repeatedly, "ooh that sounds fun." i was amped up on nerves; eren was taking me to some random place. i couldn't stop my feet from kicking with excitement. "should i tell sasha i won't be home tonight?" my mood was almost killed at the revelation. i didn't want to freak her out, especially with my behavior the past few weeks.

eren furrowed his brows, shaking his head, "she already knows," his voice came out nonchalant. it was my turn to furrow my brows, "you told her? what are you planning, asshole?" my whole body thrummed with anticipation, down to my toes and fingertips.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

closing the car door, i was in awe at the sight before me. a little cabin in the woods, a creek running past the side of it. "how'd you find this place," i turned to eren, who wore a goofy smile at my reaction. the weather was misty; the atmosphere adding even more to the beauty. "my dad got it for my mom.. but they haven't used it in years," the connotation was depressing, but his tone was anything but.

eren grabbed the bags from the trunk; something he seemed to be doing often. "there's nothing around for miles," he must have noticed i was scanning the treeline, "the pantry should be pretty stocked, though," he added nonchalantly. had he been planning this? it seemed too organized to be a whim.

it took him a minute to get the lock to work correctly, but i followed him into the cabin soon after. the rooms weren't big, but they were cozy. even without being lived in, the air was fresh, smelling of cedarwood and pine. "there's only one bedroom, so you'll just have to sleep with me," he turned his head over his shoulder, smirking. his tone was humorous; but part of me hoped he was serious.

i shivered; at his words and at the cold air in the cabin. it seemed to be warmer outside, somehow. "are you cold," eren noticed, already walking towards the fireplace in the living and dining room. "yeah, kind of," i laughed dryly, covering my torso with my arms. he made quick movements to grab a lighter.

with eren fixing the fireplace, i tucked myself into the couch, trying to create more warmth around myself. "how long are we staying here," he might've cleared it with sasha, but i still had more questions about why we were here. i wouldn't ask most of them; i want to be here with him.

"already ready to leave?" he chuckled, pausing his task. laughing through my nose, "the opposite actually," i moved my legs uncomfortably, awaiting his response. his attention turned back to the wood, "however long you want to. i packed extra for you," he brushed it off. i couldn't understand why he kept doing that. like he didn't plan a trip alone to a cabin. with me.

the time we spent at jean's lakehouse was different. we were under the connotation of a friend-tip. this felt like anything but. "such a gentleman," i joked as the fire before me finally lit up. it illuminated the cabin; adding to the mood. i had already started to feel warm from the butterflies eren was creating.