under the mountain

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter 14: under the mountain

content warnings: cnc, degradation, mature themes (tw: grisha)

my body was barely through the door to my apartment before sasha's arms were wrapped around me, crushing my ribs. "you're back! fucking finally," she muffled into my shoulder, pressing the rest of her body against me. hugging her felt different. i was aware of the way her blood smelled, and i was tempted to bite into her neck that was so close to my face.

the urge was easy enough to push down. but still; i figured that would never really go away. i'd be tempted to eat my friends for the rest of our lives. i wonder if eren felt like this around me. suddenly, i felt myself applauding his restraint. "i didn't think eren would take you away for more than a few days," she reluctantly brought her arms back scanning me over.

she continued to ramble, "you look like shit. i thought you'd have that morning glow," a smirk covered the otherwise concerned look on her face. even though i fed just last night, the perks were already starting to wear off. "gee, thanks."

grabbing the rest of my bags, i brought them further into our apartment. she sighed, "did you guys really not fuck?" my eyes widened, and i was glad she couldn't see my face. didn't think she'd be on my ass so quickly. i gave a sigh of my own. "no, we did."

the apartment went silent. i could hear a pin drop from a mile away, i guess i could hear that anyway now. and then, sasha squealed, catching up to me and spinning my body around. her face lit up, "don't be so nonchalant!" she shook my shoulders.

i shook off her grip. most of the excitement around eren and the new changes had died down. the news of his dad piling over my emotions. he spent the rest of last night telling me everything i needed to know about the visit; and everything he said made my stomach turn with anxiety. we wouldn't be going until tomorrow; but i couldn't decide if i wanted to push it off or get it over with. "it's really not a big deal."

sasha followed me into my room where i unpacked my light suitcase. "actually, it is," she giggled profusely, "are you guys like dating now?" she drew out the words in curiosity. in a way, we were. but both of our lives were so complicated; i wondered if we would really have the time for it. at least, right now. the thought nagged at the back of my mind; doing nothing to ease the apprehension.

a loud groan of annoyance escaped me, "can we talk about literally anything else?" sasha's excited features dropped, but she nodded in understanding. she recuperated quickly, "mikasa and i went on a date," she blurted out.

my eyes widened once again, and i rushed toward her for another hug out of habit. i regretted it as soon as the scent of her hit my nose. pushing it down; i pretended it wasn't there. i'd have to get used to that.

the news surprised me; i figured they were both too shy around each other to make a move like that. "how'd that even happen?" she rolled her eyes at my comment, "fucking connie spilled that i was crushing on her," her shoulders drooped before easily rising again, "but i guess it worked out in our favor because she asked me out."

a laugh bubbled in my throat, "of course it was connie. always doing that shit." the mention of our other friends made my heart ache. i missed them too; but i wasn't sure how soon i'd get to see any of them. eren had said it was best not to do anything crazy before i met grisha; and connie always had something fun he wanted to do.

"i'm glad she had the balls," i poked sasha in the stomach, earning me a glare. "whatever," she started mumbling, "bitch." staking her way toward the front door, she grabbed her keys off of the wall ring, holding them in the air, "wanna get coffee?"