trost fair

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter 3: trost fair

it was finally friday. i didn't have any more literature lectures to attend; giving me time to push down my emotions from the week. i'm over it. it doesn't matter. because, well it doesn't. who is eren to me anyway? i was doing what i always did: obsessing over situations i have no control over. convincing myself eren's words didn't affect me was the easiest way of dealing with it. eventually, i started to really believe it.

"sash! get up!" i yelled, barging into her room. she was sprawled out on her bed; limbs going in every direction possible. i chuckled as her torso shot up, her eyes going wide, "what!" she spoke, exasperated. "we have chem in twenty minutes, dummy." i left her room, walking the short distance to the kitchen. taking out two slices of bread to put in the toaster, i notice hitch walking out of her room, "morning, want any toast?"

hitch rubs at her eyes, trying to wake up. "sure, thanks," her voice still scratchy from sleep. i throw in another slice, and turn my body fully towards her, "i feel like i never get to see you!" i kept my tone sweet, but i couldn't help the bite that came through.

she softly chucked, sitting down on the island barstool that finally shipped. pouring water into a glass she spoke, "yeah, i've actually been sleeping at alpha phi most nights."

i remembered that was the sorority historia was in. were they getting closer? i made a mental note to watch my mouth around hitch. "oh cool, were you going to join?" if she did, would she move out? maybe sasha and i would have an extra room after all.

"i migh-" hitch was swiftly cut off my sasha sprinting out of her room, "i totally forgot we had chem today!" she dramatically groaned. "hange's sweet and all but damn i really don't know what they're talking about most the time," she stalked her way over to the toaster, taking out the slices, putting them on one plate; attempting to save them all for herself.

i scoff, "um, hello! two pieces are for me and hitch." sasha whips her head toward the other side of the kitchen, spotting hitch for the first time this morning. she gave an uneasy laugh, "sorry!" hitch gave her a laugh as well, joining us on the other side, grabbing all the fixings for toast. "i gotta run to class, i'll see you later though?" it was a question, like she didn't know if she would be coming back tonight. hitch ran out, rawdogging the toast with no napkin or plate.

sasha and i bid farewell before leaving ourselves. on our way to class, i warned sasha, "i know you have no filter, but keep your shit locked around hitch. i think she's bestie-boos with historia." sasha really doesn't have a filter; she'll talk about the last shit she took to a total stranger.

she groaned, "i'll try! she seems kinda sweet, i'm surprised she's getting sucked into all that." she shoved the lsat piece of bread into her mouth; which was about half the slice. her cheeks grew, trying to accompany the size.

"really? i think she'd fit in perfectly," i laughed at my own comment. as we reached the science hall, i opened the door for sasha. "do you have classes later today," she asked.

i thought about the empty day ahead of me. i knew my mind would start to wander back to eren with the lack of work to keep me occupied. "nope. first and only class."

"good! we're going to the fair in trost later," sasha's face lit up. the fair was annual, and you could find everyone at sina there at some point. "ooh! the fair's back already? who's going?"

"the usual. your boytoy and connie. i think mikasa and armin said eren might go, but don't get your hopes up." the comment was laced with sarcasm, but my hopes started to soar. my pace stumbled as i tripped over my own feet. no. don't. i tried to convince myself. you're over it. you're over it. i was familiar with the sound the mantra created in my mind. at this point, the phrase felt tattooed on my brain.