missing persons

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter 7: missing persons

content warnings: sexual content and descriptions of blood

the lake was a distant memory. like we didn't get back a week ago. all the events scrambled in my mind like mush. i couldn't keep any of them straight anymore. my obsession with the closet pushed every other memories out.

i couldn't stop thinking about it. his eyes. the blood. his skin that's always cold. he never eats. never seems to sleep. it all pointed to one thing. no. i shut my eyes with force. i balled my hands into fits, pushing them into my forehead. stop thinking. i bared my teeth at the mental anguish.

eren had gone ghost again. it made everything so much worse. i just needed to look at him. confirm that his eyes were not black. they were green; and i finally saw the sparkle in them. but he was gone. my friends didn't seem to be all that worried about it; maybe i should take notes from them. or maybe they had prepared themselves for when he inevitably vanished again.

my thoughts were all consuming. the only way i escaped them was by keeping busy. the mountain of school work was a good start. i even turned in the paper on beowulf, figuring eren wouldn't be around to finish it. packing after just moving in three weeks ago was an ever better distraction. there was an endless amount of work to be done in the transfer of spaces. my assumption about hitch was right; she would be moving into the alpha phi sorority house.

i played my music loudly and constantly so my mind had a hard time drifting. though, i could tell it started to bother sasha. the police investigation on the break-in got us nowhere. if we weren't safe in that dorm; we wouldn't be in any. we were constantly transporting boxes filled with our lives to an apartment off-campus. i couldn't lie.. the inheritance money was nice to have now.

my room was fully put together and decorated within a week; the only thing missing was eren's bear from the fair. it was taken in the break in; who the fuck takes a stuffed bear? my room also lacked the mirror it once had. i couldn't put that up either. couldn't look at the purple on my neck that eren left. it was probably faded by now, but i didn't have the strength to check and risk seeing it.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

eren wasn't here. but the next best thing was. jean. i found myself at his dorm before i could even process that i had left my new apartment. life felt like this recently. like i was only catching glimpses of my own life; my body acted out of habit mostly. everything around me had gone numb again. sounds were quiet and my vision didn't really see what was in front of me.

i opened the door to his and connie's dorm. it was unlocked; no surprise there. jean was already standing in the kitchen, prepping food. he looked surprised to see me; although it might have been the rough state i was in that caused his eyes to widen. "what the fuck are you not telling me about eren," i demanded with no introduction.

"y/n..." his voice wavered; warning me. but i was sick and tired of being warned with no real explanation. "no! i'm sick of this evasion bullshit. i know you two are closer than you let on. so. what. is. he?" my question caught him off guard; like he thought he was the only person in the world who knew. he grabbed my shoulders, forcefully bringing me into his room. his face looked terrified as clasped a hand over my mouth. "just- just shut up!"

his eyes were worried now. he released his grip on my face after scanning me over and realizing i wasn't fighting against his grip. everything was so overwhelming; i felt the familiar sting return to my eyes. "you can't know; just pretend like you don't know anything," he sighed. this wasn't easy for him either.