proceed with caution

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter 8: proceed with caution

the air around me was freezing. no matter how much i pulled the covers over me; the cold continued to bite at my skin. when it was obvious i wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep, i pushed them off entirely. it was then i realized i was completely naked; my socks were the only article of clothing eren hadn't ripped off. covering myself with the sheets again, i looked around the room, but no one was in here.

the night before slowly started pooling back into recollection. jesus, what the fuck came over me? my feet hung over the edge of the bed, i rubbed my palm on my forehead in disturbance of my own actions. this is why you actually think things over, i ridiculed myself. and now eren was nowhere to be found. fuck. me.

i wasn't mad over what happened between us, though. i couldn't explain it but eren's hands felt like they were made to be on my body. but i knew his mood had a tendency to change in the blink of an eye, and i dreaded what might be on the other side of that door. heaving a sigh, i wrapped the sheet around me, seeing no other clothes.

when i entered his living room, there was no scent of bacon in the air like the last time i had slept through the night. instead the air was bland, cold even. eren stood in the living room, leaning on the back of the couch. something was playing on the tv, but i couldn't figure out what it was. he didn't so much as spare me a glance.

i stood awkwardly in the hallway, unsure of what to do. greeting him just didn't feel right; especially knowing he could sense my presence, but chose not to acknowledge it. his head lightly tiled my way, but his eyes stayed on the tv, "you should go," his tone was cold, but not harsh. like he really couldn't care less. my eyes stung; but i pushed the urge to cry deep down. "yeah.. where are my clothes," i asked, "you know the ones you ripped and stretched just to get off me," trying to match the coldness in his voice to mask the hurt in my chest.

he snipped a sigh through his nose before walking over to the dining room table to grab the folded stack of my clothes. handing them to me, he finally met my gaze. there was nothing in his eyes besides the color, but the bags were completely gone. they must be a sign he fed, then?

as soon as i took them, he turned his attention to the tv. i saw no issue with dropping the sheet and getting changed in the same spot, so that's what i did. i frowned when he didn't even twitch his eye in my direction, but i quickly made my leave after.

i wish i could say i was surprised, but i knew before coming here that it probably wasn't a good idea. he could've rejected me at the door, but now at least my suspicions were confirmed. everything else was just a cherry on top. i didn't come for it. at least, that's what i tried to convince myself.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the first shower i took turned the water red. the cut was fully healed now; but my skin was stained with blood. it was just another reminder i didn't need. at least there won't be a scar. soon after, i got ready for british literature; i couldn't say i was siked about seeing eren twice today. the looming midterm ensured i didn't skip out.

our apartment wasn't far from campus; it was easy enough to walk. and that's what i did, in hopes of clearing my mind with the fresh air. it was cloudy, per usual, but there was no rain today. still, the moisture hung in the air making it sticky and dark. checking the time on my phone, i would be late if i didn't hurry. tilting my head back in front of me; i ran into the person in front of me.

"sorry! i was distracted," i awkwardly chuckled, making an attempt to continue on my path. "actually," he called after me, trying to get me to stop. ugh! turning to face him again, he was tall and the air around him was intimidating. "do you know where ragako hall is?" the man asked with my attention turned to him.