14: Lucie

I strolled around the Institute the next day, very nervous. Nervous for what you ask? Jesse Blackthorn was coming to live us. I had spent months and months thinking about this boy, and suddenly he was going to live here. Not to mention the first I had met him, I had insulted his mother.

"Lucie?" Someone said from behind me.

I turned around to see my mother. She was wearing a pale blue dress, and her hair was falling down her shoulders. Everyone said I looked just like my mother, whereas James looked my father. Everyone also said that my father was very handsome, which made me feel quite weird. It was true though, my father was handsome, and my Aunt Cecily was quite pretty as well.

"Mother." I said.

"What are you doing walking so nervously for?" She asked, while coming up to me.

"Oh nothing." I lied.

"Is it Jesse?" My mother asked amusedly.

"No!" I exclaimed. "Why would you think that?"

"Well, Matthew was teasing you about him yesterday." My mother chuckled.

"Matthew teases everyone about everything." I grumbled. "But fine yes, it is because of Jesse."

"Don't be nervous honey, he is after all, just a boy." She tried to comfort me.

"Is that what you thought about father?" I asked curiously.

My mother burst out laughing. "No. I thought your father was mad at one point."

"What was he like?" I asked.

"He was very mysterious, and sarcastic. He always made up situations that would make him look the worse, because of the curse. Though, even when I had first met him, I had thought that he was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen." My mother said a little dazed. "I remember thinking that he was one of the princes I had dreamed of as a young girl."

"Did you now?" A voice said behind us.

We whirled around, to see my father. He was leaning against the corridor wall, with a cheeky smile on his face. My mother then blushed, even now she still managed to blush. My father then came over and kissed my mother on the cheek. I had never seen any two people more in love, than my parents.

"Well Lucie, I think Jesse has arrived, do you want to come greet him with us?" My father said.

I swallowed. "Okay."

My parents and I walked down to the front hall of the Institute. When we got there, Matthew, James, Cordelia, Alastair, and Cordelia's mother and father were there. I went over to stand beside Cordelia.

"Are you nervous?" She whispered.

"Yes." I replied quietly.

Just then the Institute doorbell rang. I took a deep breath, as my father went to open the door. He opened the door, and in walked Jesse. He was wearing simple pants and a shirt. He looked a bit uncomfortable, but not much. His green eyes were bright, and he had the slightest smile on his face.

"Welcome to the Institute, Jesse." My mother said warmly.

My mother then went and introduced everyone to Jesse. Matthew attempted to make a joke about Jesse being a ghost because he had been dead, but my father shot him a look and he stopped. I was the last one to be introduced to him.

"And this is Lucie." My mother finished.

Jesse stared at me, with an expression I couldn't read. I gave him a warm smile, and he smiled a small smile.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"The pleasure is all mine." He murmured, still with a smile on his face.

I felt my face heat up, at his smile. By the angel what was wrong with me? I didn't fancy Jesse. Right? After we all said our hello's my mother had Matthew and James show Jesse to his room. Cordelia and I went and sat in the living room. As soon as we sat down she asked me:

"Do you fancy Jesse?" She asked with a smirk.

"No." I said, blushing.

"Then why are you blushing?" Cordelia said.

"Ugh stop it, Cordy." I whined.

"Ah ha! You do! I knew it." She said triumphantly.

I just rolled my eyes, and she laughed. Soon after that Bridgette came and got us for supper. Cordelia and I took our seats next to each other. As soon as we sat, Jesse walked into the dining room. He awkwardly took a seat across from me, and Cordelia bumped my shoulder. I glared at her, but she only smirked at me.

Dinner went by smoothly, to my surprise, and soon it was just about time for bed. I was about to walk up to my room, when a voice stopped me.

"Lucie." the voice called.

I turned, to see Jesse standing behind me. He had a bit of a smile on his face.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Can you show me where my room is? I have sort of forgotten where it is." Jesse said embarrassedly.

I fought the urge to giggle a bit, by the angel he was acting cute. Wait what did I just say? No, no he wasn't acting cute.

"Yes I will. Follow me." I said.

Jesse then started to walk beside me, in silence. I started to tell Jesse about different things he could remember to find where his room was. Funny enough, his room was across from mine.

"Here we are." I announced as we stood outside the door to his bedroom.

"Where is your bedroom?" He asked me.

"The room across from yours." I explained.

"Ah, well thank you, Lucie." Jesse gave me a smile.

I blushed a bit. "Your welcome. Tomorrow, I should show you around a bit more." I blurted out.

Jesse looked surprised, but smiled. "I'd like that. Goodnight Lucie."

"Goodnight." I said and he went into his room.

I walked into my own, and almost slapped myself. Why did I have to say something so stupid like that?! But as I laid in my bed, I found myself picturing Jesse's smile in my head.