29: Cordelia

We all filed into the Council room, the day after arriving in Idris. My parents and Alastair had been able to stay home, but I had to come because of what James and I had saw at Hyde park that day, last year.

I took a seat in the front rows of the room, beside Lucie and beside James. I still couldn't believe that I had almost kissed him the other day. By the angel, I mean, I was engaged to someone! We all had received the news that Aunt Charlotte was pregnant with twin girls, and I was very excited.

Speaking of Aunt Charlotte, her and Inquisitor Morgenstern had walked over to their spots. Tatiana and Grace were sitting by the side beside Aunt Charlotte's podium, both looking angry. Jesse was looking at them both a bit nervously, and I felt very bad for him.

"As you all know." Aunt Charlotte started. "We are here today, for the trial of Tatiana Blackthorn, in bringing her dead son Jesse Blackthorn back to life."

Jesse, who sat beside Lucie, was staring intently at the floor. Lucie was whispering something to him, but he didn't seem to be listening.

"First, we would like to call up one of Tatiana's older brothers up to the stand, Gabriel Lightwood." Aunt Charlotte announced.

A moment later, Uncle Gabriel was walking up to the stand looking expressionless. He took a seat, and Inquisitor Morgenstern started to ask him questions.

"It seems that Tatiana does not speak to you and your brother Gideon, why is that?" He asked.

Uncle Gabriel looked bitter. "Tatiana is caught up on something that happened years ago. My father had caught demon pox and had turned into a demon. She says that we "pitilessly slew him", even though he had been a demon."

"Had Tatiana ever mentioned bringing her son back to life to you before?" The Inquisitor asked.

"No. We all had heard rumours that she was attempting to bring him back to life last year. I had only talked to her about it when the boy was already alive again." Uncle Gabriel said.

"Do you support her decision in bringing young Mr. Blackthorn back to life?" Inquisitor Morgenstern said, out of curiosity, I supposed.

"She was saving her child. I do not agree with her actions fully, but I do understand where she was coming from." He replied.

Uncle Gabriel was then let off, and Uncle Gideon was called up. They asked him much of the same questions, and he answered then just as Uncle Gabriel had. After, they called up Uncle Will.

"Did you have any idea of this happening?" Morgenstern asked.

"Yes, a warlock friend of mine had mentioned it to me." Uncle Will replied.

"Which warlock?" He inquired.

"Magnus Bane." Uncle Will said.

This went on until Uncle Will was finished, and to my surprise Matthew was called up.

"Do you know how Tatiana Blackthorn brought her son back to life?" The Inquisitor asked.

"Nope." Matthew said while popping the p.

"Did you know of this happening, without alerting the Clave?" He demanded.

"No. I really don't see why your asking me all this, its not like I've got a clue. Can I leave now?" Matthew said, annoyedly.

"Matthew." Aunt Charlotte said in a warning tone.

"Mother, is it really necessary for me to be up here?" Matthew whined.

Aunt Charlotte sighed. "Okay you can leave. Jamie-James Herondale, please come and take the stand." She said, accidentally calling him Jamie.

James sauntered up to the stand, and threw himself down in the seat. His golden eyes were unreadable, but he looked a bit annoyed.

"James, you and Cordelia encountered a few demons last year, can you please recount what happened?" Aunt Charlotte asked gently.

"We were walking, and there were two hooded figures and they were speaking about how they needed to kill five Shadowhunters for Tatiana Blackthorn." James said.

"Then what?" Aunt Charlotte pressed.

"Then, Cordelia and I killed them." He said simply.

"Lies." Inquisitor Morgenstern, mumbled.

"He is not lying, Edward." Aunt Charlotte said.

"You cannot be sure of that. Those golden eyes of his, a demon lives inside him. He can thank his disgraceful mother for that." Morgenstern grumbled.

"Don't you dare speak about my mother that way!" James snapped angrily. His golden eyes full with rage.

He then started towards the Inquisitor, angrily. The Inquisitor tried to move away but it was too late, James had gone up and punched the Inquisitor straight in the face. Matthew sprang up from his seat and rushed to where James was. He pulled him back, with James thrashing about in his arms.

After that, the meeting ended early, because of the Inquisitor's rude outburst, and because of James hitting him. The Inquisitor had been escorted out of the room, with probably, a broken nose. Everyone stood up and Aunt Charlotte over to Aunt Tessa and Uncle Will.

"I am very sorry about that." She apologized to Aunt Tessa.

Aunt Tessa waved it off, but Uncle Will was fuming.

"How dare that filthy worm speak to you like that. I considered going up there with James, and knocking his lights out." He said angrily.

Aunt Tessa put a hand on his arm. "It's alright, Will."

I dragged my attention away from them, as Lucie, Matthew, and James came into my view. I hurried over to them. James was standing there looking furious, Lucie was a bit more calm, but she as well was angry. Matthew looked distressed.

"That was horrible." I said.

"How dare he speak about mother like that." Lucie said, bitterly.

"I probably would have made him be in the infirmary for the rest of his life, if Matthew hadn't stopped me." James muttered.

"Well, he would have deserved it." I said.

"I cannot we all got called up here to Alicante, for that." Lucie said.

"Well, you have to admit, it was quite entertaining when James punched the Inquisitor in the face." Matthew said with a smile.

I laughed. "That much is true."