The Boxing Man (Part 1)

'While seeking revenge, dig two graves - one for yourself.'

-Douglas Horton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a small recoup after you had blacked out Namjoon and you walk down the street, but he is overly focused on the buildings and cars as they pass. He has his jaw cliched tight and fist balled like he was prepared for a fight. You look around and see a small dinner up ahead of you, the smell of pancakes and cheeseburgers start filling your nose. You tug softly at his sleeve and smile up at him, while he looks down at you, he can't help but smile as you remind him of better times.

"Hey Joonie can we stop there to eat?"

He looks up at the dinner and freezes "No."

"Aww why not the food smells amazing!"

"I said no little one!" He raises his voice at you

You let go of his hand and stop ". . .Fine"

"I didn't mean to be like that little one I'm sorry. . ."

"I understand you are stressed but the is no need to take it out on me. . . I don't know why I am here and so far. You are the only thing I find. . . "

Before you can finish there is a male voice that comes up behind you fast.

Namjoon snaps his head over to the man and then back to you. "You need to run to the dinner now! Tell the woman at counter her name is Hali that I sent you. . . Now GO!"

"Okay be safe Joonie!"

You turn and run away from him following the scent of pancakes making your way down the street. You hear a crack behind you but know that if you look back you could possibly see him getting hurt. Getting closer to the dinner the sounds of a fight start to fade as you reach the door you finally take a moment to catch your breath and look back. You can see the unknown man lying on the ground while Namjoon sits on top of him with one hand on the man's collar and the other in a bloody fist that slams into his face. You gasp as the door opens behind you and you are pulled inside by a younger woman who looks oddly like a female copy of Namjoon. Her hair is black, long, and straight with bright blue eye that pierce the soul. You look and see her name tag and it says Hali.

"You need to keep better company. That guy is nothing but trouble."

"What do you mean? He was the one who told me to run here and get help."

"He doesn't need help he needs a padded room." She laughs

"Stop speaking ill of him if you don't know him!"

"Oh, I know that man. . . He's my twin brother sadly."

"So that would be why you both look alike! No wonder he didn't want to come here. . . "

"Oh, he is here every day, but I end up kicking him out before he can order. He only brings trouble to those around him and the people he loves always end up dead."

"But you are still alive aren't you. I saw your old room at his gym, he keeps it the same as when you were kids. I think he just misses you and wants to keep you safe."

"Yeah, sure because keeping me and my mother safe meant kicking us to the curb to work for the mafia."

You choke on your own air "Wait what! He works for the mafia!"