lacrimosa [SCRAPPED]

A/N: HI! HELLO! BEEN A WHILE LMFAO
okay so I have had this in my drafts since like September or October of 2023 and it is now April 2024. I started this with hopes of working past the writers block but damn did it not fucking work. i don't like presenting less than my best to anyone but here is this. i don't want to delete it because i became kind of attached to it over the months i spent staring at it and just pondering. so here is what i was able to poop out in my failed attempt of getting  out of this block that has lasted over a year. i want to write so badly but i just fucking can't. i don't know why. anyways enjoy this scrap and the notes. it's kind of like a little tour into my head and how i write.

✪ = note/thought

✪female reader.
✪ william killed our child.
✪red dragon RED DRAGON BUT SILENCE TOO. SPECIFIAALLY THE INTERACTIONS WHEN HANNIBAL IS LOCKED UP. BOOK AND HOPKINS HANNIBAL. PJ HEYWOOD ALSO USES HOPKINS 4 INSPO FOR AFTON SO OF COURSE CANON
✪she's so naïve but ignorance is bliss
momentary bliss .

"Right this way, ma'am." Officer Pendleton gestured at a now open door that had been locked down. The sterile and empty smell of the hallway now had a new addition, or maybe it was just her nerves and feelings seeping into the hallway.

She nods and takes a deep breath before she steps forward, entering a colder section of the prison.

"We put him here because he's a troublemaker." Officer Pendleton explains matter-of-factly as he closes the door behind them. They are in a hallway now, a cell with glass at the end of it.

Her breath catches as she gets a glimpse of the man who caused it all.

Man.

Does he even deserve that title? Does he deserve to be called a man after everything that he has done?

Her eyes flutter shut, blinking some tears back as she wills herself to be strong. Her palm grasping ✪(reaching, searching) at the stone wall to steady herself.

✪salmo
✪italics, bold(?)

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

My soul is wea- "Ma'am?"

She opens her eyes and forces a smile, her eyes betraying her slightly for she feels they burn with the beginnings of tears.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." Officer Pendleton says, his voice warm and soothing. His big brown eyes full of compassion, and his hands clasped together.

✪contempt

She nods, taking a quick breath in and letting go of the wall. She swiftly dabs at her eyes and turns her head to look into the cell with that, 

Man.

She sees him, reading a book, and sat on his cot. That dark hair that she has run her fingers through multiple times, the same hair that smelled like cigarette smoke and the clean and light scent of the ✪Prell Shampoo they would buy about every month. It was still well groomed, even if he was behind bars now.

He looked well rested but even paler than usual.

Officer Pendleton taps on the glass with his keycard, catching the man's attention as if he were some fish in a tank. The man looks up from his book, (✪)mischief, and the unknown dancing within his pale blue eyes. He wears a smirk on his face. She can't help but let out a quiet breath at the sight of his face.

This was the man she fell in love with. The man who had courted her for(✪) four years before he knelt down and presented her with the ring she still wore around her finger. The man who she had made love with multiple times, the man who had impregnated her twice.

✪michael ain't her kid

✪Hopkins/book esque hannibal conversarion ensues

✪she wants to hate him so badly but can't. ✪was any of it real? ✪yes, he says ir was but what is real to him

✪freak fucking freak man