♕Annoying Twat♕

"Y/N L/N."
You nodded, getting up from your seat in the waiting room of the JoC Co. Center of Operations building.
Your heels clicked against the blue linoleum, your confidence growing with each step.
I will make it here. I know I will.

'Dr. Henry Miller' , read the plaque on the door that was previously described to you. This was it. Your big break.
Your dream job. Everything you had worked for these past few years.
They have to hire you. Henry has to.
He's basically your idol. And he should be amazed with what you're about to bring to the table.
You raised your hand, about to knock but the door suddenly opened.
There he was. The man who you looked up to. Henry Miller in all of his glory.
He looked just like the books and magazines. You felt your heart quicken.
I got this.

"Miss L/N? Correct?" The man said.
You nodded.
"Come in, take a seat. This is William Afton and he just pitched an idea that I absolutely loved."
William moved his briefcase from the chair next to his and then offered you his hand.
"Pleased to make your acquaintance," his striking blue eyes pierced yours as you took your seat.
"Nice to meet you Mr.Afton."
"William please."
"Oh. Okay." You nodded, turning your attention to Dr. Miller who was reading from a folder.
"Give me a second. You two get to know each other some more, I'll be back." And with that, Dr. Miller and his folder were gone.
Afton turned to you, you felt his gaze examining you so you did the same.
"Do you need something?"
The man let out a fruity chuckle.
"Just this job and maybe your attention." He winked.
You slightly crinkled your nose.
"Charming."
He beamed at you.
"So Mr.Aft- William, you have an accent. Where is it from?"
"You're quite observant Miss L/N. I'm not from here is all.
But I'm guessing that you are?"
"Wow, charming and mysterious, aren't you quite something."
"We're flirting now?"
You felt your face go hot.
He chuckled.
"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable Y/N. "
"It's okay, you didn't."
Right.
Y/N was never any good when it came to romantic situations, so she felt odd.

You cleared your throat.
"So you pitched something?
Should I be worried about you being competition?,"
Your eyes met his pale blue ones.
He smirked.
"Nonsense darling.
I don't want us to be rivals.
But I think that what I have brought here has earned me a seat at Henry's table. "
He won't talk huh?
Your eyebrow shot up.
"Oh really?"
William nodded.
The door opened.

"Alright. Let's get to business, kids."
Henry rubbed his hands as he sat down, his eyes examining both of your faces.
"Miss L/N what have you brought me today?"
You opened your briefcase and pulled a folder out. You offered the blueprints to Henry.
His eyes scanned over them like an eager child, a grin pulling at your lips.
You averted your eyes to William, hoping to see some of his confidence and sureness fade away but he just examined his hands, a calm expression on his face.
This is my job, not yours.
You grit your teeth. You wanted him to feel threatened. You've come so far, and he wasn't going to take this opportunity away.
Henry clapped his hands together after a few minutes.
"Wow!" He turned his head to face you.
"Y/N. Is it okay if I call you that?"
You nodded.
"This was interesting and flawless. You know what? You can start right now! I need more people like you and William around here!"
His hands gestured to you two.
You felt your grin droop a little.
I thought this position was for one person?
You looked over and sure enough William was smirking at you.
You glared at him.
"Alright follow me you two."
Henry rose from his seat and waited for you and your rival to come along.

William walked by your side as you two followed behind your new employer.
You felt somewhat pissed, but content at the same time. After what seemed like 5 minutes of walking through two buildings, Henry finally stopped.
You looked at William, who was unsurprisingly already gazing at you; that ever present shit eating smirk on his face.

"Room 2D is all yours, you two!"
Henry suddenly adopted a ringmaster like charm as he gave you and your new partner a quick tour of the workplace.
"And this is your very own coffee machine! But don't hog it. Tour concluded! Have fun you two, I'll have you start on what you've pitched next week." And with that Dr. Miller was gone.

You walked over to one of the empty desks and slumped down into its chair.
William followed suit and claimed the other desk.
"How irritating."
You rolled your eyes.
"What is it?"
"I have to stare at your face all day,"
You pointed to his desk which was right across from yours.
He laughed.
"Well I happen to enjoy the view."
Your head met your desk.
"Coffee?"
"Please, Willy."
"Willy?"
"Yeah? You know, short for William?"
"Wow, how creative!"
"Just give me my fucking coffee you twat."
He placed the coffee on your desk and then sat himself in front of you.
"Let's talk."
A serious tone had been adopted.
"About what?"
"Everything."
"You start."
You sipped your fresh bean juice as the man told you about himself. Little did you know that you would be locked in conversation for 3 hours.
You even grabbed dinner together that night!
If two people were like puzzle pieces then it was probably you two.

Let's just hope you don't end up killing the poor guy with your sarcasm and wit.

971 words.
I am back. And thank you all for reading this and adding this to your lists. Thank you so much. I could really use some ideas because holy shit did this start off as something else and then turn into this. I need help. lol.
Hope you all are doing okay.