21

"What do you mean?" My face falls quickly, Sungchan's words repeating over and over in my head.

"I..." Sungchan fails to get the words out, voice broken as he sobs into his hands. "I'm sorry."

The couch was suddenly no longer between us, I'm not sure when, but at some point I had made my way over to Sungchan's side. I felt like I had to comfort him, but how was I meant to do that when he just told me it was his fault I'm no longer part of NCT?

"Byungho..." I took a step back as soon as the name left his mouth, shaking my head in confusion.

"Stop." I begged him, He wasn't meant to know that name. Even in that video he never says his real name.

Sungchan reaches a hand out for me, but I'm quick to move away. "Y/n I'm sorry, please let me touch you." Both of us were sobbing at this point, and I had to pray that none of the other members came home.

"How do you know that name?" I asked, my mind immediately going to the idea that Sungchan was the one that leaked the photos. "Do you know him? Are you guys friends?"

Sungchan was quick to shake his head. "No, no... I promise. I hate him."

"Then why?" My voice was raised again, cracking slightly. "How do you know who he is?"

Sungchan's fist went back to clenching at his sweatpants, he was delaying his explanation and it was only making me more pissed.

73 days without an explanation was enough, I deserve one. I need him.

"I... I met him a while back." Sungchan lowered his head, staring at a spot on the floor. "I didn't know who he was... he recognized me though."

My body tensed at his words, the story proving to me that Byungho lied and has been keeping track of me and NCT this whole time.

"He said he was friends with you in school... I didn't believe him because he seemed too old for you."

God.

"You called me soon after he started talking, I answered... I called you baby because that's how I always answer the phone with you." Sungchan seemed frustrated with this part, like this was what caused everything after.

"I'm sorry.... He uploaded the pictures right in front of me. He said that now that you're career will be over I'd never see you again and he can reclaim you as his boyfriend." Sungchan's knees give up, buckling as he fell to the floor.

"It's all my fault. I cut your time with NCT short all because I didn't think of the consequences of calling you a pet name in public. He got jealous over a harmless nickname and now you have to start all over."

Oh.

I stood there frozen. After all this time it was just Byungho who posted the pictures. He tried fucking up my career and outing me to the world only for it backfire in his face and for me to redebut with the one man he wanted to separate me from.

73 days without my best friend and it's Byungho's fault. Sungchan's selfless, he's a people pleasure and of course he blames himself because a single word he said in public.

"Fuck you, Sungchan." I tilt my head back with a chuckle, that chuckle being kind of messed up since I was still in the process of crying.

Sungchan looked up from the floor, mouth fallen open and eyes pulled into a frown. "I'm sorry." He mumbles again.

"Stop. You're an idiot." I take a seat next to him, grabbing him by his jaw and turning his head to face me. "You calling me baby over a phone call is not what got me kicked from NCT. Now you've wasted over 2 months of our friendship all because you thought it was your fault."

I let go of his face quite harshly, letting out a frustrated sigh before leaning my head against the cushion of the couch.

Sungchan stared at the blank tv for a moment, eyebrows furrowed as he thought. "So that's the boyfriend you were always talking about."

I nod, sitting up straight before dropping my head in my hands.

"You know you can do like 100 times better right?"

"Oh my god, shut up."

✖️✖️✖️

The besties are bestie-ing again