53

The show was booked long before the articles were published this morning. We had to continue it and Sungchan's bruised face wasn't going to get us out of it. So the makeup artists did some colour correcting and some foundation, and if it wasn't for the fact he was swollen, you wouldn't have even been able to tell he was in a fight like 12 hours earlier.

"You're in pain." I whispered to him while we waited to get called onto the show. He nodded, not bothering to look me in the eyes because if he did he would only have started crying again. "I wish you hadn't done that."

"I know." He mumbled. Of course he knew, that's all I was saying to him when I was treating his wounds last night.

"Alright, let's get this started." One of the staff members cheered, urging the members onto the camera.

It was like every other show. Questions were asked, games were played and we pretended to be happy the whole time. I stayed close to Sungchan for most of it, I was scared and he was the only thing that helped even a little bit.

"So, we pull a name from the hat, whoever you get you will write a sweet little message to and then the rest of us have to guess who wrote each message." Shotaro explained the game, usually it would have been Sungchan and his MC abilities, but he wasn't in the mood today and Shotaro understood.

A hat was passed around, each of us pulling out a name of the person we had to sweet talk. And for my luck, I pulled Sungchan.

You could tell some of them just based on their reactions. Like Seunghan's slight disappointment showed he hadn't gotten Sohee, and Eunseok's nose scrunch shows he definitely got me. I wonder if they were able to tell that I got Sungchan just based off of my facial expressions.

y/n has more experience in the idol industry than all of us combined and I think we should use that to our advantage more. In our next comeback I hope we can show off his talents more and learn from him to improve ourselves. Riize wouldn't be the same without y/n and I'm very grateful that we have him with us.

Everyone guessed Eunseok straight away, the way he spoke about work only was a dead give away since he's been openly holding onto a grudge about me not waking him up to go swimming with us.

The game was simple, and with how close we have gotten these past months it was easy to tell who wrote whose message. Despite this it was easy to tell the energy in the room wasn't the same, people were upset and everyone could tell. Even Seunghan's jokes to lift the mood were barely getting a laugh.

When my turn came I suddenly felt self conscious of what I wrote. It was definitely inspired by the events of last night and I think every already knows that.

Sungchan is a good man, he is smart and kind and always knows how to make me feel better when I'm sad. He's good for this world, he adds some colour where things are gray and makes everyone around him smile. He is selfless, he never puts himself first and sometimes it really scares me.

There were no smiles when the message was being read by Sungchan. We could all see through the makeup where his bruises had started to purple.

"Ahh, this is definitely y/n cause Sungchan is actually selfish with everyone but him because he's his favourite." Sohee tried to joke, everyone quickly putting on smiles with a hope no one would notice in the final video.

People will notice, people will notice Sungchan's swollen face, people will notice the dark atmosphere and people will notice the lack of smiles. Because trending on all social media was "RIIZE's Sungchan gets into a physical fight with his members ex-boyfriend."

✖️✖️✖️

man they said the thing from the description🤭