3. The option

Is this a dream? I thought I had to play delivery boy for my friend and now I should replace her for god-knows-what. It must be a nightmare. I got up without opening my eyes and head straight to the kitchen. I really needed a cup of coffee!

BAM!!! I slammed into the wall, head first. Then it all became clear to me, my eyes shot open...this isn't a nightmare, its reality! With a huge bang, the door opened to reveal the butler, Walter. He was holding some clothes in one arm and the other a tray with food. "Good afternoon Miss N/A, did you sleep well?" "Eh! ...yes thank you I...wait...noon??" "Indeed we let you sleep as long as you like, Sir Integra is waiting for you in her office." I couldn't care less if she wanted to see me or not, fact is, I was late for work and that's more important to me "My apologise Walter, I'm supposed to be at work by now, I can't afford to lose it." While I got dressed in another room, Walter suggested me to go to Integra first.

I decided to give in, who knows what she wants. The clothes however were a bit...old fashioned. A white blouse and a long dark blue skirt, I didn't know what to do with the blue ribbon though, till Walter made it into some kind of neck tie. To me it looks like an oversized bow.

Minutes later we were standing in that large office of Sir Integra, however, we were not alone. Another man stood right next to the woman, a little smaller, but wider on his waist, tied back hair and an anxious expression on his face. Ice blue eyes met mine "Good afternoon Miss N/A, I would like to introduce you to Sir Penwood..." We greeted each other and shook hands before she proceeded "As promised we will tell you of why you were chosen to stay." I got lost in thoughts "chosen?" "Is 'replacement 'more to your liking?" "Depends on what I am 'replaced' with" I couldn't hold myself back to mimic her arrogant voice. To my surprise, she ignored it and faced the Sir Penwood "She is the new candidate" "What? her? Does she even have some kind of title? It is required to enter the competition" "I am aware, Walter checked her background...she has no title."

It got on my nerves now, the entire conversation only caused for more questions as before "Excuse me Sir Integra, what do you mean about competition, title and candidate?" Sir Penwood couldn't his shocked face "She doesn't even know, Integra?" "Indeed, Walter would you get us some tea and Sir Penwood, she will know soon enough. She was considered by Miss McMellan, so there may be some potential in this girl." "It doesn't matter, if she has no title she cannot enter" "I'm sure there might be a way to change that." "I sure hope so, good day Integra „which that he bowed at me one last time before disappearing through the door.

"Please have a seat Miss N/A..." I obeyed "The competition is about choosing the right candidate to carry on the Hellsing Organisation and its family tradition. The winner will be the Head of the Organisation and will gain imaginative powers beyond your wildest imaginations...but...there are also requirements and rules they have to obey at all cost." She leaned back in her share and took out a cigarette "The requirements are simple...well...for nobles I mean, which are manners at different situations, a firm voice, a positive appearance, etc...." She made an entire list about the expectations to become the winner, but still, there was one thing missing.

"Title?" I said out loud.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I have no title so I heard, this can't be learned, sooo it means I cannot enter. I am sure it is all a big misunderstanding. My friend has an unusual sense of humour sometimes." Which I could 'kill' her for!

"I don't think so..." came her reply, as she revealed the letter I delivered yesterday "It says here, that you are willing to do 'anything' to become a candidate, even if a certain 'procedure' has to be done. She also told wrote about your abilities with weapons and your character ... it sure sounds promising"

Damn you Corrie, what kind of crap did you write! "I don't know what she means by 'anything' and I not sure about this 'procedure' you mean"

"A title cannot be learned that's true, however, it can be given"

"Given? Like a present?"

"It could, but in your case we chose another option" her lips formed a wicked smile. I preferred her strong expression, now she is giving me the creeps.

"O-o-option? And w-w-what is that?"

Her smile grew wider "marriage"