18. Two candidates remain

Now it was now or never, as only two candidates remained. Which are me and another girl, her name was Amanda. She is vicious and cruel, when she wants something, she would even sacrifice her friends to get there. The girls which were always with her, had to taste her wrath in person, getting rid of them one by one. She didn't see me as an obstacle, as I had made several mistakes. She was sure I would lose by myself...however...that's not the case, now I was the only one left.

And she already has a plan to get rid of me.

On that day, we had to join the Wild Geese on a mission. A vampire attacked a hotel, with a noble restaurant at the bottom. It took some time to realize, that it was my old work place. I was hard to accept the reality, that even a wonderful place like that gets involved with vampires. It didn't help either, that Alucard wasn't allowed to join me. Thankfully, Pip keeps an eye on me and so does Seras.

I had to go with a small group, lead by the captain, into the restaurant. At the same time, the next group from Seras, which Amanda belongs to, went upstairs. In the great hall, where all the tables stood, was quiet...too quiet for me. However it didn't stay that way, as we inspected the kitchen. I swallowed hard, as ghouls in waiter and cook uniform came towards us. It would have been easier for me to shoot them, if I wouldn't know them. Tough luck there! It hurt to see my old colleagues in such state, but sympathy in this job is dangerous, at least that's what Integra told us. No wonder that she is always acts like an iron maiden.

Out group separated once more, into two people. A soldier of the captains group joined me to the private rooms in the back. Those rooms are mainly for noble with loads of cash. We checked every single room carefully, until one room remained. Since we hadn't found any more ghouls, I let him handle the last area. It turns out; it was empty like the rest of them. I turned my back on him, only to hear him scream out. I watched in horror, as he was pulled into the staff room, on the opposite side of the last room he checked out. It was already too late, as his entire throat was ripped apart, letting his head hang to ones side, while two red eyes caught mine.

It wasn't the eyes however that scared me at the moment; it was more 'who' it was.

"Long time no see N/A. How is it at the organization?" she spoke like the old friend that she is...or was. She licked her hands clean from all the blood, while it went down her mouth. I never thought that I would have to fight a friend of mine. The fact that she wasn't a ghoul, but a vampire, made it even worse. "Corrie...what happened to you?" my voice trembled as I stood face to face with a vampire. My old friend smiled, showing her bloody fangs at me "I have been waiting for you to come here. I missed you so much." She was about to come closer, holding her arms out for a hug. I pointed my gun towards her to make her stop in her tracks. "What's this? Are you going to shot me, your best friend?" the way she makes its sound, it felt like the days, she was shouting across the room to get my attention. "You lost me the moment you became what you are now!" I yelled, trying to sound a little more confident. "N/A, I know you better than anyone...you won't shoot me..." she reached a hand out to me, smiling wide "...why don't you join me? I know you are still a virgin, so it's not a problem. We can hang out together again, like the good old times."

If she wasn't a vampire, I would have said yes.

But she was nowhere near that. She lost the last thing of humanity tonight; the Corrie I known has just died this night. "Never!" I screamed, pulling the trigger. Corrie dodged the bullets with ease, until I ran out. I always had an extra revolver with me for emergencies.

What happens next was uncalled for. I couldn't feel the revolver on my belt, I was sure I had it minutes before we entered the restaurant. Behind me stood a familiar face, holding my revolver....towards me. "Give me your hands!" she demanded, moving the opening of the gun towards my head. I obeyed in shock, raising them towards her "Why...Amanda...why?!" She laughed an evil laugh, handcuffing my hands "you need to disappear; getting killed on a mission is a risk we are all aware off." "But not if a comrade serves them on a silver platter!!!!" I was angry at her, I knew she was quite a piece of work, but this was outrageous! "She told me to have fun, as she pushed me towards Corrie, before closing the door behind her.

Oh-oh, this is bad!!!!