9. The training begins

The first few days were chaotic, not a single training did I do right. I nearly shoot a bullet through the captain of the Wild Geese during practice, he shook it off though with a "beginners failure, try again." The next was riding, we had to try jump over obstacle, only for me to fly over my horse as it stopped and landed in a puddle of mud. The table manners was horrible, I broke three glasses, spilled wine, used a water bowl as a drink, although it was supposed to be there to wash our hands in and shot the snails around, since I couldn't get them with my fork. What else...oh yeah, I farted at a meeting...loud...and it smelled. The room was empty in seconds. I was glad that Alucard wasn't anywhere near to watch all of my failures, it would have been humiliating.

He told me he had someone else in mind to help me, it seem he forgot about it or that person has no time helping me. Lost in thoughts I jumped, as a hand touched my shoulder hard "My apologies Miss N/A, Alucard informed me that you need help..." I nodded "...I have watched your progress for a few days, analyzing on what areas you have to improve..." he sighted long and hard "...and it seems you need help in ALL the skills needed." I lowered my head in shame, to be such a burden to everyone. I whispered a small "Sorry, Walter." However the butler chuckled at me "Alucard seems to have a lot of faith in you, even though he wasn't as pleased to see you fail all the time."

So he saw it ALL!

He clapped his hands together "First of all, we start with the formalities...table manners and body control...that should be your first steps." I nodded again before being dismissed. In the hallway I met Seras and Pip, the Draculina has watched me at the shooting area while Mr. Bernadotte was my target...by accident "Hey guys" I greeted them. I looked towards Pip with worry "How is your arm?" "Its fine, no worry Miss N/A , it's just a scratch" he laughed again, patting my head. Seras was putting her arm around my shoulders, pulling me close "You have some trouble shooting, right?" It wasn't a secret; the entire Wild Geese had watched this and took the piss afterwards. I nodded anyway "I can help you if you like" "Me too, I am much better of a teacher than a target" Interrupted Pip. I accepted both their offers, I could believe my luck, now I have three people helping me.

In my room, I was already expected by the man I call 'my husband'"What are you doing here?" He stood up from his seat and approached me slowly "I have seen you perform for the last days...I don't know if I could call it bad or horrendous. Even the police girl showed more progress in one day." It was obvious that he wasn't happy with me, but he wasn't angry, his voice was deep but soft. "I try my best tomorrow, I promise. I get help form Walter, Seras and Pip." He didn't change his expression; it was still unimpressed "Let's hope you improve yourself soon." He disappeared, leaving me with my thoughts. I thought he was helping me too, he never mentioned it ever since. Maybe he is ashamed to teach me that must be it.

For the next days I trained hard to learn all manners needed, Walter showed me some situation where I have to react appropriate. Seras showed me how to hold a gun and reload it, while Pip taught me the differences of the bullets and how to assemble a gun in a short time. The shooting practice was held by both. I learned fast, which was a good thing.

As for the riding, I begged Alucard to help me. I had to beg a lot to do so, till he gave in. However his training methods were quite interesting. He showed me to get on and off a horse and during the ride, he summoned a horse out of his shadows and we both made the riding practice around the estate.

Late at night, he stayed with me, telling me tales of vampirism and their history. He lied down on a sofa, while I lied next to him having my head on his chest, listening to his words. He sounded like an audio book, he kept it exciting and yet factual. Getting heavy eyes in time, he stopped his talk. I was picked up and brought to my bed. Once buried underneath the covers, he kisses my head before whispering to me "You did well today...keep up the good work."