20. Survival

I wasn't aware of my injuries that Alucard had to get me into the hospital, instead of my bed. My wounds didn't stop bleeding and I had to get three operations at the end, fighting for my life. Alucard stayed nearby watching the battle. It became critical as the blood packs had run out.

Let's just say: if Alucard wasn't there....I would have been dead by now.

Three days later, I woke up by a beeping sound beside me. My sight was still blurry, but even so, I could tell I was in the hospital. Normally I would be scared now; if there wasn't this huge back and red blob before me, whispering into my ear with the sweet, deep voice of his.

"Welcome back, my dear", he gave me a small kiss onto the forehead.

"Hell...o" I tried to say, but my body was too weak to even speak.

"Shhhh, don't speak. You need to rest for a while. This was quite close this time...you could have died" his voice has a sense of hurt in them, as the blur if him, headed towards the door.

"Al...ard!" I tried to beg, getting his attention "S..s..st..stay?"

I could see him come back; wiping the tears of my face "I never leave you."

He kept his word, staying beside me, while I feel asleep again. Later on, I was awakened by Walter, as several others were inside the room, the butler, Integra, Alucard, the doctor and I. At first he thanked the vampire, for donating blood to me, which was quite a big surprise to me. For Alucard it was self-evident. "As your husband, it's my duty to save my wife" he said, holding my hand tenderly. The doctor continued "She had several injured which will remain scars and she will have a hard time to recover from this. If she is luck, it might take a year. She starts the rehabilitation in two days."

With that he left the room.

Integra sat beside me and stroked my cheek softly "The new heir of the Hellisng Organization and in such a state...unacceptable!" At first I thought she meant me, until she pointed her finger at the vampire "Unacceptable, I will not tolerate this to happen again!!! As her husband and future servant, you will keep her out of danger at all cost, understood?!" Alucard bowed down toward his master, accepting the order, until he bowed towards me "and also to you my 'new' master." Unlike Integra, he leaned down, to give me a passionate kiss. The room went awfully silent now! Once we were done, we looked at the other two in the room.

"Finished?" asked Integra, rolling her eyes.

"No...t quite" I said, pulling Alucard down by his tie. "The ceremony will be once you recovered! Since then, you continue your training as always...congratulation N/A", this was the last thing I heard form Integra, as the door slammed shut.

Obviously, she was finished alright!

As we parted once again, I pulled him on to me, so he had to lie beside me. I didn't need to pull hard, as he seems to have wanted that all along, holding me in his arms tight. His warmth was soothing, while he sang an old lullaby, his rough voice made me drift off to sleep...mumbling along to the song.