19. The massacre

„Corrie, you don't have to do this!" I begged. She dragged me to another room, down the cellar. It was no use; she pushed me into one of the rooms, that my former chef told me not to enter back then...the cold storage room.

The metal door opened with a loud squeak, inside its full of meat packages and flesh, hanging on hooks. She shoved me in-between them, before closing the door shut. I began to fear for my life, as my chef used to tell me about the danger, getting trapped inside that room. If Corrie won't let me out sooner or later, I will freeze to death.

However, that wasn't her intention. She returned shortly after, with a butcher knife and a cleaver.

"Ehhh...I thought you are a vegetarian?" I asked her, trying to lose my fear with a little bit of humor. "Trying to be funny eh N/A? I used to be one, until I got the desire of fresh blood." Her stare sends shivers down my spine. "You know, the meat in here is rock solid" "I know..." she replied, licking her lips "...but there is one thing, I can eat now."

Crap!

Out of reflex, I tackled Corrie to get passed her, only to get cut by her knife.

I crawled on the floor, trying to ease the pain, as my arm drained itself with blood. Corrie turned around and clicked her tongue "Typical N/A, you never learn do you? It's no use; no one will find you here. This will be the place...where your miserable life ends now." He pulled me up and tried me to one of the flesh near her.

While I fight for my life, was Seras upstairs in the hotel, killing several ghouls.

She couldn't find the vampire, responsible for this massacre. It got even more drastic, as Pip came up with his group. He told her, that he cannot find me or the soldiers I went with. Amanda stood behind them, listening to their conversation. No one watched her, as her smile went wider by hearing my name. The captain decided to search for us, once they found the main target. They headed back down to the restaurant, while Seras cleared the hotel from ghouls.

I couldn't hear the group, as Corrie closed the metal door behind us, turning the lights on. Even though my screams couldn't get through the door, she covered my mouth with a tape. Next, he finger went over my bleeding shoulder, and then she drew a few circles on my shirt. As she went back to the door, she swapped the knives to a bunch of smaller ones, turning on her heels. Holding them between her fingers, she uses them as darts, hitting me...one...after another.

I should be luck, that she is good at it; otherwise I would have lost some important organs a lot faster.

Her knives got my arms and shoulders, cutting deep into my skin. The pain was unbearable, I screamed out for help. Corrie seems to enjoy it to torture me, getting the next pair of knives "Sorry N/A, it would be boring just to kill you, so I make more fun...for me." She got closer to me, holding my chin up and removing the tape off my lips "Amanda told me, that you are making progress at the organization..." with the tip of the knife, she moved it from my neck, down to my shoulder "...I had hoped, you would mess it up. I wanted you to fail and witness on what it's like to be at the bottom...like me." With a little force the tip went into my shoulder. "My parents despise me, they want to disinherit me and you know why?..." the knife got even deeper "Because in this bloody place, they always say something, that makes my blood boil." Corrie's face was full of fury; she looked deep into my eyes, before she spat on me "Corrie, why can't you be like N/A for once. PAH! Like hell I want to be like you!" "I thought we were friends!" came it out of my mouth, without thinking. She laughed out loud at my question, grabbing my neck tight "As if anyone wants you! No one wants you to be alive...not me, not anyone."

"Alucard..."I mumbled quietly.

"What?" she pushed me, tightening her grip. "Alucard" I choked out, a little louder now. "Who the hell is this?" I couldn't answer her, as I had trouble breathing. I was about to lose consciousness as something knocked on the metal door. Corrie seemed to be surprised at the sound, as she let go of my neck, letting me cough. I thought it was Pip and Seras, trying to rescue me, but that wasn't the case...

The door opened.

And Amanda came in. "What the hell is this? You are supposed to kill her, not playing around?!"She yelled at the vampire. Corrie shrugged her shoulders "What I do with her is my business! If you have a problem with that, you might be the next one on my list." Amanda is not used to be told what to do, but this time, she didn't want to argue with her.

However, someone else finds it a marvelous idea and laughed in the near distance, making us all jump at the sound.

"Why not using her now?" It said, appearing behind me, kissing my cheek. "Who are you?!" screamed Amanda, throwing the knives at him. He caught them all in one hand, smirking wide at her attempt "Nice try, but it's no use." Amanada was pale at his appearance, as she whispered his name in utter shock

"Alucard."

Before Corrie could ask about him, she got shot into the shoulder, by his Jackal. The next he carried me out of the door, blocking the way for Amanada "I think your 'new friend will be lonely without you" he said, referring to Corrie. He ignored Amanada's tears and cries, while he closed the massive door shut, trapping her in. It didn't take long until we could hear her scream inside, as her body was ripped apart.

To spare me the images, he got me up the stairs and ordered his fledgling to take care of me for a minute. He returned shortly after, informing them that the target has been silenced. He took me off Seras again and got me to the Hellsing Organization. I was whimpering on his chest, still hearing Amanada's scream. "You shouldn't waste your sympathy on her. She doesn't deserve it" interrupted me Alucard, pressing me close to him. "A-a-alucard?" "Hmh?" I looked up at him with big puppy eyes "Can you p-p-please sleep beside me...tonight?"

He looked at me for a second, as a big smile appeared on his face "As you wish, my beloved wife."