15. The royal ball

Inside the massive hall, I spotted Alucard near the Queen. I went over to him, giving him my hand. He understood and kissed the back of the hand, but he didn't let it go. Instead, he dragged me to the dance floor, holding me close. "I can't dance Alucard!" I said panicking. He wrapped his arm behind my back pulling me close to his face, whispering a sweet "trust me, you can."

He was right!

He led me over the floor, like a dance teacher. We moved to the rhythm of the band, holding me in place and firm in his arms. I already forget all about the dance, as I focused my attention towards his eyes. Once the dance finished he leaned in, lifting my chin to kiss me passionately. Completely overwhelmed by his action, I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. Around us were people clapping their hand at us. Only then I noticed...we were the only ones on the dance floor.

He introduced me to the Queen soon after, as she commented on our little scene just now "You seem to take good care of your wife, vampire." He bowed deeply, agreeing to her before taking me out to the balcony. My knees were weak, from meeting the Queen, he noticed that though. Outside, he gave me a glass of red wine, telling me it helps me calm my nerves. I became more and more fascinated at him.

"How are you doing this?" I asked him surprised.

He asked me of what I mean, holding my hand tenderly. "Everything, you know what suits me, that I can dance and now this...how are you doing that?" he chuckled at my question, kissing my forehead lightly "Centuries of experience my beloved. It seems that men treat women differently in this century as I remember it." He explained it to me, as the subject changed from one theme to another. We almost spend the whole night talking about random stuff. Later on, he pulled me back to the dance floor, this time without a kiss at the end. He kept it for a later date, somewhere...alone.

Unfortunately, he didn't expect his master to ruin his little plan.

"Alucard, go home...now!" she said with her usual stern expression. As he refused to let me go, she added "...that's an order!" he has no chance, he had leave he her...alone. Sir Integra pushed me back into the hall, right into the crowd of people before me. She wants me to get into contact with others, instead of Alucard. It didn't take long, as I picked out someone familiar out. "Sir Penwood?" I asked, to be sure. He turned around; it was him in the flesh. He seems to be impressed to see me "Ah miss N/A right? My, what a lady you turned out to be" he said, taking my hand inspecting me from head to toe. "Mc Mellan did a good job there" he said again, kissing my hand. His behavior caught an old man's interest, he came straight towards us. "Sir Penwood who is this young lady?" he demanded to know. He introduced me as a candidate of Hellsing and also my title and name, Sir Penwood introduced this man as, Sir Island. The man's look darkened "I heard about you Miss N/A, you're married to that Vampire Integra keeps. You are the talk of the night." The way he talks about it, didn't sound like a compliment. His next words made it clear "I do hope you didn't plan on becoming his immortal wife, such a change would be unacceptable. Even so, it's a disgrace that a monster was taken as an option of marriage. There were enough candidates for you to chose, but Integra wanted that thing to take you on." I nodded ashamed looking towards the floor. He reached for my head stroking my hair, gaining a friendlier expression on his face, but only slightly "It seems you didn't turn out too bad though." He left me and Sir Penwood alone; this was my queue to ask him for a dance. I couldn't believe it, Alucard was so right: I can dance! The girls and I all enjoyed the night, while I had the chance to meet a few more of the round table members and some other people.

Once I was back home, I fell into the bed. My feet were killing me; the high heels were a pain to take off. As he had read my mind, he appeared through the wall, sitting beside me taking off my shoes. He was waiting for me to return, catching up the kissing part. Later on, he massaged my feet while he listened to me talking about the night I had.