16. Bad luck

We were all called into Sir Integra's office in the morning. She had to announce that one of the girls has been send home, now there only three girls left. The girl she referred to has been acting out of order at the ball, getting drunk an all. She rather not tell us what else she has done, according to her face, it must have been terrible.

Apart from that, the days went on like always. The next agenda for today: was shooting practice. Pip already got himself a bulletproof vest, as I had to shoot the wooden targets. But something...wasn't right. The rifle was heavier than usual, I could hardly lift it, but instead of complaining I tried my best.

Bam!!!

....

....

...."ahh!"

Oh crap, I shoot pip in the foot! The girls all laughed at my mistake, but were told to shut it by Integra seconds after. "Miss N/A, you have had practice lessons for quite a while and yet, you manage to target your own comrades?" she wasn't pleased with my results. I couldn't blame her though, who would be proud of that? She gave her butler a nod, as he wrote the score on a piece of paper. She was about to return to the other girls, as she moved her head towards me "You are quite close to get thrown out of the organization Miss N/A. If I was you, you should improve yourself...fast."

I wasn't bothered to see all the other girls shooting high scores; I rather helped Pip to get to the nearest doctor as soon as possible. Normally I would have been depressed, if it wasn't for the captain's sense of humor. "I'm sorry for hitting you..." I tried to apologize. He reached up to my face, touching it slightly, while a big smile spread across his face "Take it positive...you shoot at least something." "Idiot..." I chuckled, hugging him.

Unfortunately, Alucard didn't see it from the funny side as the captain. He was furious at my results. He dragged me all the way to the training field, to let me shoot the targets again. To my surprise...the rifle was lighter now...and I got high scores. "What do you think you are playing at?" he said hissing at me. He was pissed alright, ripping the papers in half. "I...I don't understand. The rifle was heavier at the beginning and now...it's as light as a feather" I tired ot explain, but he refused to even listen to me. "I have no use for excuse... don't disappoint me again, got it?!" he glared at me, croosisng his arms in defense. I coulod only look at he floor in shame "yes sir..."

"Master, N/A!" Seras came towards us smiling. "What brings oyu here Seras?" I asked her surprised to see her awake in the morning. I was used to Alucard waking up sooner, but Seras...

"I came here to get my rifle..." she looked around, until she saw it behind me "...that one over there. Can you get it for me please?" I saluted playfully getting the weapon of the floor...only to realize...its bloody heavy. "Wait a minute...it looks justlike the rifles we use...how come its so heavy?" I asked the police girl surprised. She smiled at me holding her hands out "Walter made it for me...since vamoires have no problem with weight. With this I can use bullets that can damage a lot more than any human could imagine." My jaw dropped as I faced Alucard "I thing I had Seras rifle during the test!" I looked back at her "Seras, was your rifle here, the whole day?" She assumed it was, since she couldn't find it in her room. We both looked at the No-life-king, waiting for him to say something, but he only growled and disappeared through the walls. "I guess I will never get an apology out of him" I said looking at Seras "sooo, what are you doing now?" She lifted the weapon up, grinning wide "Training, care to join me?" She didn't have to ask me twice, as I grabbed the nearest weapon, returning her grin "You bet I will!"

While we went on training, Alucard visited his master, informing her about the rifle issue.

He might not be the apologizing type, but letting it slide isn't an option for him either. Integra faced her butler "Walter, does this weapon look exactly like the ones the girls use?" He bowed at his master in apology "Yes, Sir. I customized it for the police girl; unfortunately it is hard to tell which one is which." His master walked around, think out loud "So, she could have taken the wrong weapon by accident?" The butler nodded. "Where is she now?" she demanded, facing the vampire. "She is with the police girl at the training field. "Well then..." she said, handing Walter the score papers "...she will have to repeat the test...with the right weapon this time." With that she came over to me and gave me the chance to prove myself.

And I didn't disappoint her or Alucard...top scores!