14. Preperation

The day of the ball has come. Everything was ready for that night, the only thing left, was to prepare my nerves. The other girls were far from nervous, like a bunch of hens; they were evacuating the bath room, one after another or they were running around getting ready. I seem to b visible to them today, as they kept pushing or shoving me aside, without a word of an apology. Thank you ladies, I thought, hoping they would be finished soon.

It wasn't my night...they needed six hours, I only got thirty minutes to get prepared. "This whole place is huge and still, we have to share one bloody bath room?" I said out loud, standing in front of the mirror. To my surprise, the bruise was gone. He said he would deal with it, I might have to ask him how he did this, without me knowing. But the real problem starts as the makeup of mine were spread around the room. Luckily, I didn't need much to put my make up on; I prefer the natural look anyway. Unlike the others, they look like they would go to a Halloween party instead of the Royal ball.

Once done with my hair and face, the dress was the next thing. Only twenty minutes left, I was heading to the box, only to see it gone. "Where is my dress?" I asked myself, looking around the room. I couldn't find it, panic broke loose. The gloves, shoes and accessories were all there, where I left them the night before, but the dress was missing. "What should I wear???" I said in panic, standing in my underwear.

"I am sure, we have bought you a dress, which wasn't so revealing" said an amused voice from the door. Alucard stood there in a black suit, with a jacket lying loose on his shoulders. "Ahhh, close your eyes!!!" I yelled covering my body, from what I could hide. "No need to hide from me, I seen all of you before" he smirked, remembering the bath time. "Perv!" I yelled, throwing my pillow at him. He was about to make another comment, as he watched me sitting on my bed, covering my face with my hands. He could see tears; rolling down my face "I lost my dress" I said sobbing. I wiped my tears away, trying to smile at him "I know what are you thinking...how can anyone lose a bloody dress? ...I am sorry...I can't come to the ball."

I started to cry hard, as he disappeared without a word. He must be disappointed in me now, I thought, crying even harder.

Thump!

Some kind of fabric was thrown on top of my head; I took it off to see what it was. It was a dress...a white one. In front of me stood Alucard, wiping my tears off my face "Sir Integra gives you the permission to wear a dress of hers...I can't go to a ball without my wife to keep me company." I gave him a massive grin, asking him to get her dressed quickly. He didn't hesitate to help...getting the rest of my stuff. In five minutes I was done. I was about to leave the room, as he stopped me. "What is it?" I asked him confused. "Allow me to change you a little" he said, watching my eyes carefully. I looked at the clock with worry; only two minutes left...it was too risky. He refused to let me leave the room though, until he can do what he wanted to do. I nodded, getting pulled into the bath room. He make my hair fall down on to my back, keeping it open and my face he cleaned it with wipes and redid my make up again. He didn't allow me to see me in the mirror, until he was done.

That son-of-a-biscuit knew we didn't have much time; he pulled me out the room, without letting me see myself in the mirror. All he said was to trust him ...easy said than done.

It couldn't be too bad, as no one commented on his 'work'; instead I received compliments from the guys and Seras. Alucard got me my coat, putting it on me before leading me to the car outside.

At the Ball:

We stood on top of the stairs, at the entrance to the main hall. We get announced to the other guests, with title, status and names. My worst nightmare came alive... gaining attention from thousands of guests tonight. I breathed hard, as I was looking for my husband, I couldn't find him anywhere. "Mr. Bernadotte..."I went over to the captain, who stands alongside Seras "have you seen Alucard?" I asked him with worry. He informed me that he already entered the hall, greeting the queen on his own. My mind was screaming in fear...am I supposed to go down there on my own???

The captain seems to have noticed my fear, telling me to hold his arm, just like Seras does on his other arm. "What are you doing?" I asked, feeling uneasy. The captain smiled at me with confidence "I am the luckiest man tonight..." I gave him a confused look, till he continued "...I am the only one having two beautiful women on my side I can show off with. My dream comes true." I had to laugh at his joke, losing my fear a little "I assume your other dreams are more immature than this." It sounded like a fact, than a question. He pinched my butt as a response, only to receive a slap from me and Seras. "And another dream came true" he said in joy, ignoring your glares. He sure knows how to make me lose my fear, as we entered the hall.

"Mr. Pip Bernadotte and his company, Seras Victoria..." he stopped as he noticed me. Pip whispered into the man's ear, gaining a bow by the man "...and his other company, Countess N/A, wife of Count Alucard."