Chapter 03; Satan visits his daughter-in-law

Lilith's POV
I shakily entered my home to find that nothing was out of place and everything had been cleaned up. I then realized that a strange man in my home.

"Ah! Lilith! How lovely to see you again dear" he greets me "I've run a fresh bath for you and I'm putting a kettle on so we can chat" he said "Now go on, off you go

"Ah! Lilith! How lovely to see you again dear" he greets me "I've run a fresh bath for you and I'm putting a kettle on so we can chat" he said "Now go on, off you go. We have much to discuss and not a lot of time before your roommate comes home."

I slowly did as asked feeling lethargic and honestly a gentleman in my home wanting to talk to me over tea is not the weirdest thing to happen tonight or in the past 6 years.

He ran my bath the same way as before, but without wine, and I carefully removed the angel boy's coat from my sweaty and blood covered form before carefully stepping into the tub. The steamy water forced me to relax and obey its soothing siren lull. I found myself lazily cleaning myself up before exiting to find he had picked out sleepwear.

I put them on before exiting the bathroom and entering the kitchen to find the man from earlier pouring two cups of tea

"I hope you don't mind, but I brought my own blend of tea. It's chamomile lavender, I just added some honey to it" he explained make me nod and murmur "Thank you" before carefully sipping on it.

He sat down and took a sip as well "I'm sorry if this is weird or awkward but.....who're you?" I asked making him chuckle and smile "An Angel" he answered simply making me tilt my head and wonder if he had any relation to the boy from earlier tonight "What's your name?" I asked "Satan" he replied making me blink.

"Okay....why are you here?" I asked making him smirk "Not going to ask or deny my existence? No fear? No panic?" He questioned in turn making sigh and set my cup that I'd been clinging to "It's been a really long night. I can freak out later, right now.....I'm too exhausted" I explained making him frown and I swear I saw a bit of sympathy in his eyes.

"I see....to answer your question from earlier. I'm here to explain what happened tonight" he set his cup down as well as he spoke "The ritual preformed tonight....was my own doing" I blinked and looked at him in confusion.

"The boy from earlier.....is my son, Michael" he started "The end is near, thanks to Michael, and it will be a lonely endeavor. So I set out to find him a wife, someone to give him children and in turn my own grandchildren" a pit formed in my stomach as to where this was going.

"I searched the world looking for her, that special someone to turn our hell.....into a home" he continued "I honestly gave up until I saw you. You were a new college student at the ripe age of 19 and you were so.....kind and quiet and warm and just so full of life and hope. It was then I knew, that you were the perfect match for my Michael" I kept quiet and listened. Trying to understand why the devil himself.....wanted me to be his daughter-in-law.

"I sought out the closest satanists that I could find and began planting ideas and showing them what I wanted to do. Mina did her job in watching over you and ensuring that your hymen remained in tact. They created the ceremony and got ahold of the correct scripts and athame before waiting for both your 21st birthday and the autumnal equinox to preform the ritual" I swallowed and shakily asked "And what did this ceremony entail?"

"It's a wedding ceremony of sorts. You were sacrificed to my son as a bride offering. My som accepted you and in turn you were resurrected and bound to him, and he to you" Satan explained trying to make it sensible to me "I...I don't" I started but he waved me off making me flinch on instinct and go quiet.

He frowned at my timidness and reached out to grasp my hands in his "You don't have to or need to do anything right now, but you do need to know this. Exactly one year from now, if the marriage is not consummated- and yes I do mean you having sex with Michael- then the marriage will be void" I looked at him hopefully only to see his grave look and hear him say the dreaded words;

"And you will die again."