Chapter 08; Scares and apologizes

Lilith's POV
I paced the length of my living room once again while rubbing my scar that was quickly becoming irritated.

I had been desperately pleading for Michael to come back so we can talk about what happened three days ago. I wanted to explain myself, to let him know that I trusted and that my reaction had nothing to do with me fearing him but trauma from my past.

He didn't listen though, instead he continued to wallow in his self loathing.

I kept pacing with Drogo attempting to soothe me by gently nosing me towards the couch. I bet he really wishes that Leah was here instead of visiting with her family. She'd be able to calm me down and get me out of these guilty thoughts.....

I eventually complied and sat down with Drogo resting his head on my lap with a whimper. I started petting the poor Angel to soothe him as my hand rested over my scar. I couldn't help the sob that escaped my lips which only upset Drogo further making him whine and nuzzle my stomach.

I started petting his head and rubbing his ears trying to reassure him and myself, and that's when I felt it...... it started with a spark of anger from Michael's end.

At first I thought it was at me before I vaguely heard Michael cursing someone- a male- in a mixture of English and Latin scolding him for talking about his wife in a degrading manner before the anger turned into pain.

I cried out and lurched forward falling on my knees and one of my hands as the other remained glued to my scar. Drogo freaked out and started circling around me, unsure of what to do or how to help me.

He knocked me onto my side and curled into me trying to comfort and soothe me but my eyes rolled back into my head and I was transported elsewhere mentally.

I appeared in what used to be a nice club bar, but had been destroyed by the two males fighting while using magic. I recognized them as Michael and Liam. Liam was chanting in Latin and whatever he was saying was making Michael weaker and hurting him.

Michael suddenly fell to his knees and gripped his ears which gave Liam the opportunity to throw a ball of energy at him and send Michael flying into the wall. Liam stalked over and was about to send another ball when I started screaming.

"No! Don't! Don't touch him! He's mine! Stay away from him!" I screamed before a wave of energy filled me and burst out towards Liam incinerating him on the spot and leaving nothing more than a scorch mark in it's wake.

Michael stared at me in awe before the awe turned into horrified worry "Lilith!" He cried out and went to get catch me as I fell to my knees and blacked out. I woke up in my apartment with Drogo whimpering and cuddling me.

I slowly sat up and stroked Drogo's head in a daze. I'd had a seizure....it frightened Drogo who had no idea how to help me so he just cuddled me and cried until I woke up. I felt bad....he didn't sign up to babysit his problematic owner, but he was still here. Taking care of me because he knew that I needed him.

Speaking of here..... I couldn't feel Michael. It was like before.... I was alone again.

I bolted up and clung to the dining table with one hand as I furiously rubbed my scar "Michael! Michael please! You need to come home right now! You need to come back to me please! I need you, I need you and I want you here!" I teared up before Michael finally transmuted into my living room.

He swayed for a moment before uttering "Lilith?" and collapsing. I lunged for him. I scampered to his side with Drogo hot on my heels. I rolled Michael onto his back and cradled him into my lap and rested my forehead on his.

~~~the next morning~~~
Michael's POV
I woke up in Lilith's bed the next morning, sore from my fight with Liam and Drogo laying on top of me. The dog growled warningly every time I tried to get up, so I gave up and laid there.

I didn't blame the little hell beast though, he was most likely following Lilith's orders. I was just upset that she wasn't still in bed with me, otherwise I'd have no complaints.

I vaguely remember the night before, Lilith and Drogo dragging me to the bathroom where Lilith undressed me and cleaned me up. She tended to my injuries and redressed me before bringing me to bed and then cuddling me.

I'm knocked out of my memories by Lilith coming in with a tray of food.

Lilith saw me awake and the smile she gave me made my heart leap and do flips

Lilith saw me awake and the smile she gave me made my heart leap and do flips.....she could light an entire galaxy with that smile.

She walks over and ushers Drogo off of me before setting the tray on the nightstand to tend to me. She propped me up and stroked my cheek "How are you feeling?" She asked "A little sore, a little upset.... But it's better with you here" I admit making her hand still and her frown causing my heart to ache.

"No....no don't do that" I pleaded and reached out for her. She tilts her head in confusion and leans into my palm "Do what?" She asked "Don't frown, don't be sad. I like you happy, I love your smile.... I know I made it seem like I didn't. I swear, you were NEVER supposed to see that side of. I'm sorry..." I said making her shake her head.

"No...No that wasn't all you" she protested "Yes, it was. I treated you like crap, and you didn't deserve that" I argued "No, that was from my past. I shouldn't have pushed that onto you" Lilith said tearfully making me frown and my heart sink "What do you mean from your past?" I asked, Lilith hesitated before swallowing and saying "Please just eat breakfast and then I'll tell you everything. I promise."

I do as she says and when I'm finished she cuddles up to me and tells me about living with her mother and twin sister. She tells me about her mother's boyfriend. She tells me about Edward. She tells me about how she buried the the pain and kept it a secret because......

She felt like she deserved it.

I just held her to me and said "You did not deserve it. I'm so sorry you went through that...." She peered up at me and asked "You went through something like this too though....right?" I nodded and I told her more about my childhood, she didn't know what happened after my grandmother died, but now she does.

When I finished she looks up at me and says "I don't think you're a monster" I chuckle and retort "And I don't think you're weak. But I really am a monster, darling" she huffed and climbed on top of my lap and demanded "Then show me. Sho me the monster" I went to protest but stopped went I saw the look on her face.

I sighed and allowed my demon to emerge.

I felt Lilith's hands on my face, I couldn't see or hear her, but I knew that she was still there. Unafraid and content in my arms.

Then I felt warmth on my lips and I emerged from the darkness to see her pull away from kissing me. Her face was flushed and I stroke her cheek and stared at her in amazement. She made eye contact with me, and kissed me again.

Whatever I did to deserve her, I'll do it again and again until the end of time just to keep her.