Chapter 09; Yet another stray

Lilith's POV
Drogo and I were walking around in the crisp autumn morning air.

We were walking back from Starbucks after getting me a hot pumpkin spice latte and Drogo a pup cup

We passed an alley and something in it caught Drogo's attention and made him leap into the alleyway. I immediately let go remembering what happened the last time I didn't and had to go to urgent care for a dislocated pinky. I, instead chased after Drogo and found him rifling through some trash.

"Ew! No! Bad Drogo! Bad boy! Bad-!.....good boy" I said as I tried to pull him away before kneeling down and pushing away the trash myself revealing a tiny black kitten with its eyes still shut and umbilical cord sticking out of its tummy.

good boy" I said as I tried to pull him away before kneeling down and pushing away the trash myself revealing a tiny black kitten with its eyes still shut and umbilical cord sticking out of its tummy

I gingerly picked it up and realized that it was trying to new for its mother, but it lost its voice from crying for so long. My heart broke as I realized that it was a tiny and had gotten abandoned by its mother.

Drogo nosed my hip and whined out in concern for the kitten. He was still growing but I could tell that he was going to be a gentle giant. He loves kids and small animals, but he doesn't like other big dogs or men.

I wrapped the kitten up in my jacket and patted my thigh with one hand "C'mon Drogo. We're going to Petco."

~~~timeskip~~~
I tiptoed into the apartment carrying bags from Petco and holding my new baby to my chest as I scurried to my bedroom. Now I just need to—-

"Lilith. What is that?" I hear Michael call out making me freeze and slowly turned my head to look over my shoulder "Uhh bags from Petco? I got some stuff" I say not wanting to outright lie to him, but also not wanting to tell him the truth in case he makes me get rid of her.

"I see that, but what are you hiding in your arms?" He asks after crossing his arms over his chest. I sigh, realizing that I've been caught and turned around and opened my jacket revealing the kitten.

As soon as Michael sees her he straightens and takes long strides towards us "What happened to it? Where did you find it?" He rapidly fires off "Drogo found her in an alleyway. She's a runt so her mother abandoned her. She's filthy, has fleas, and a cold. She'll die unless we take care of her" I explained him as his hands hover over her.

"Let's give her a bath....what's her name?" Michael asks as we walk to the bathroom "Cirilla. Ciri for short" I answered.

I did what the vet said and used Dawn dish soap and washed her with a wash cloth until all the grimes was gone and the fleas suffocated. Michael held her in his arms as I turned on my heating pad and set up her bed area "She needs to be fed 4 ml every two hours. We can take turns" I explained.

Michael nodded as he cradled and rocked her making me smile at him. I learned one more thing about Michael;

He's a cat person.