Prologue: Part 1

I died by drowning when people broke into my home when I was in the bathtub. I remember being under water to rinse my hair then I felt a hand keeping me underwater , but I tried fighting back and lost my life in the end . I was an eighteen year old student going to study forensic science. I was a fan of Vampire Diaries and felt that alot of characters deserved more.

I thought I died, but woke up in a hospital room with strangers around me. New memories of me when I was four or five appeared in my mind ,with Malachi Parker,as a great brother. We were both siphoners, but he was the only one taking care of me and loving me. Joshua Parker hated the both of us for whatever reason. I saw him being  sent to the prison world , he helped me escape in his last moments, the coven hated us because we are siphoners .I do not remember anything else of this life.

I lock myself in hospital bathroom to breathe.
Caroline woke up and yelled "Mom! Mom, she's gone." Elizabeth started to look around confused and said" I think she's in the bathroom. Honey please open up. Care get the doctors." I go lay on floor at the furthest wall and I realise my real family from other life is gone and my dog is gone, I couldn't think straight. Sobs could be heared through door. Doctors came and opened the door and one doctor came with sedative for in case. Liz came closer, but I moved back . Liz was now confused said "Honey,its Mom". I said through the sobs" No, I do not know you, Leave me alone! I just want to go home."
The Doctor stepped closer and asked "Where's home? Do you know what's your name?"
"Allison" The people were relived for a second then their faces fell when I said " Allison Parker.I think I live in Portland.Where's my brother?" I asked more aggressively. The docter  tried to touch my hand "Do not fucking touch me!" I tried to leave, but they sedated me. I fell unconscious.

The doctors said they needed to more tests when I awake and to see if I have amnesia.
Care then asked" So she does not remember me,her sister?" The doctors said that they will know more when I am awake and calm.The next morning  I woke up realised I am still in hospital room and that fictional characters Liz  and Care are asleep, I grabbed clothes and put them on and  I walked out to look for phone then I walk through the streets of Mystic Falls. I see a phone booth and found coins in my pocket. I called home and the phone said that number I dialed do not exist. Meanwhile in the  hospital room they realised I was gone and people start searching.
I walk around in shock and I start to cry. I found a bench and sit and brought my knees up to my chest and cried for the life I lost. Later a cop car stopped next to me.
Liz found me on the bench with my knees to my chest, sobbing. She approaches slowly and gives me a hug. Liz quietly said "O honey.Come on honey, lets go to the hospital."

Back at hospital
Caroline's pov
Doctors run all different kind of tests on Ally. And all I can think is that she doesn't remember us or me. My favourite person in the world, my true best friend that does not judge but support me. I probably have to call Jeremy about Ally being awake. How do I tell him that our Ally-cat, his best friend, may not remember us. Jeremy and Ally have always, since they met, been bestfriends. Where the one was , the other followed. I know that she and Jeremy had a fight before the accidents with the Gilbert's. She got into that car to go to apologize to Jermey at the Gilbert's house. I can see the guilt eating at Jeremy, because he blames himself for her being in a coma for 3 months. I called Jer and said that I need to tell him about the improvement of Ally's condition and that he should meet me in the waiting room. Half an hour past and Jeremy came.

I told him to sit down and told him about Ally being awake and about her not remembering much and that the doctors are running test to see if she has amnesia. After a while Jermey said " This is Allison we are talking, she will be fine and remember everything by tomorrow. Without her I do not know how to live. I need her to be okay." Caroline then hugged Jeremy and said that Allison isn't gone , but whatever happens they would be by her side.

After a few hours had passed, the doctors came out to talk to us about Ally. They took us to their office to talk in private. Doctor Fell started speaking " We did several test to see if this is short or long term amnesia and what she does remember. She remember all academic work, but she does not remember any personal memories from the age of maybe four or five. We think it was caused by the car accident and her being in a coma. So we recommend that she gets discharged and surround herself with her old life and she might remember. She has to take it very easy and still rest." After a moment of silence Caroline asked if she might never get her memories back. " Unfortunately there is a chance that she may never receive her memories back after the trauma that she had been through." The doctor replied and Caroline had tears in her eyes and started thinking about that night.

FLASHBACK TO THE NIGHT OF THE CAR ACCIDENT.
3RD POV

Jeremy and Allison had a fight about something, this is one of nights where they would usually be together at the Falls party, but on this night they were separated. Caroline tried all night to cheer  her seemingly depressed sister up. Caroline tried to find out what the fight was about, but Ally did not say anything about it. Later the night Elena was drunk and fought with Matt. She called her parents to came pick her up. When the parents arrived Allison decided to go with them to talk to Jeremy. Caroline will remember those last spoken words before the tragedy. " Care, I love you so much, but I am going to go with Elena. I will see you tonight and tomorrow  we will feast with chocolate pancakes and ice cream. And be safe" she said and hugged her sister tightly before following Elena. Allison asked the Gilbert's if she can catch a ride. The Gilbert's always saw Allison as part of the family because she and Jeremy were two peas in a pod. After a while of driving, Grayson started preaching to Elena about sneaking out and drinking. He started to lose control of the car and the car flew off the the Wickery bridge. Allison tried to get out of her seat belt , but she was stuck. She felt the water rising and burnt like acid in her lungs. She couldn't focus on the other people with her, because she felt the end coming, a dark shadow clouding her vision. She saw a figure before she passed out. Somehow she and Elena were found outside the car.

In the hospital , Elena later woke up , but Allison was on a ventilator in a coma. Elena was stricken with guilt and grief when she found out her parents died and Allison, her brother's best friend was in a coma. Elizabeth Forbes was off-duty that night. She went and got Caroline from the party, but to her surprise Allison went with the Gilbert's. She and Caroline waited for Allison to show but she did not came home that night, a fellow officer came to the house and told them about the accident that had happened. Caroline felt her life stop when she hear that her sister was in the hospital unresponsive. They did not remember going to the hospital , but looking at Allison, so vulnerable,  almost broke them. After the first month, the ventilator was removed, but still she did not open her eyes. She was taking her role that she got as Sleeping Beauty in middle school too seriously. Allison would've loved dark humor in times like this. It was all a waiting game, seeing if Allison was going to came back as the same person she was.
Allison was always a shy and reserved person, but she always helped around town with a smile on her face. Almost everyone knew her as a kind person, a ray of sunshine on rainy days. The bestfriend of Jeremy Gilbert, sister of Caroline, also one of Tyler's best friends. Everyone in town called Tyler and Allison cousins because of their similar appearances. Dark eyes and dark hair, and sometimes the same temper.