A few good men

Harper, one of the vampires who escaped the tomb, attacks hiker and then steals his clothes. He gets out of the woods and arrives at the town feeling lost in the modern world. He sees a woman sitting on a bench who nods to him, and he nods back. Allison then greeted him and asked if he needed a place to stay. Kol wasn't happy having a stranger living at her house, but he could not stop her.
Allison said she knew about vampires and everything and that she would help him adapt to the new world, because to Allison , Harper seemed like a good person that deserved better. Harper accepted the offer for her help. Allison was missing her old life today, today would've been her birthday. She was also plagued by memories of the Parker household and being called over and over abomination. She needed the distraction of Harper today.

They went to the house and Allison started showing him the fangs food freezer as she called it. She showed him his room and gave him some new clothes and showed him how to work the shower. Later they talked about the new century,  she gave him some books to read about the new changes. She said he can stay as long as he likes, but he needed to be a good houseguest and not eat people in there. She showed him to work a phone and gave a old phone of hers to him and also her number if he needed anything. She also said that he can explore the town when he is comfortable enough and also to be aware of the new stupid council. She warned him not to hurt any of the Forbes.

Harper could see Allison was a truly kind person to offer up her house and time to a stranger. He would forever be loyal to her.

Jenna found information about Elena's birth mother, and she informs her. There is a friend of her mother who lives nearby, Trudie Peterson. Jenna also tells Elena that Alaric's deceased ex-wife was also named Isobel but does not know if they're same person. Elena tells Stefan about Trudie and Alaric's wife, and he asks her if she will go to visit Trudie to let him go with her. Meanwhile, Jenna meets Alaric at school and tells him about Elena's birth mother. He says that his wife didn't have any kids but when Jenna shows him a picture of Elena's mother he leaves in shock.

Damon tries to deal with the truth about Katherine the only way he knows how: partying with beautiful women. Stefan interrupts them because he wants to ask him about Isobel, but Damon says he does not know her and goes back to partying. Meanwhile, Caroline is with Matt at his place. Caroline said " So this is basically a bachelor pad. So shouldn't we do something more bachelor pad-y?" and while they are making out, his mother Kelly gets in. Caroline leaves and Matt catches up with his mother. Caroline needed Allison for some backup because she knows Allison might kick her ass.

Elena goes at Trudie's house to ask about Isobel and Trudie, who realizes that she is Isobel's daughter, lets her in. Trudie texts someone: "She is here" and while they are talking, she makes some tea to drink. Elena figures out that she put vervain in it and realizes that Trudie knows about vampires but when she asks her, Trudie asks her to leave. As Elena makes her way to her car, she sees a man standing in the road looking at her. She takes off before the man approaches and later, she tells Stefan all about it. Stefan tells her that Alaric thinks his wife was probably killed by a vampire but does not mention that it was Damon and asks her to wait a little before talking to him.

In the meantime, Alaric meets Stefan to talk to him about his wife and if he found out anything since he promised to help him. He wants to know what Damon did to Isobel, but Stefan tells him that Damon says he does not remember her and asks for a picture of hers. Stefan shows the picture to Damon, but he still says he doesn't know her. In a flashback, we see that Isobel was investigating vampires and she was obsessed with finding the truth.

Damon goes to the Grill's bar for a drink and Alaric is there. They talk for a while before Alaric leaves and Liz appears. She wants to ask Damon to be one of the bachelors at the Founder's fundraiser and he accepts. In return, he asks her help on finding information about Alaric because he does not trust him. Meanwhile, the mystery man Elena saw outside Trudie's house now knocks Trudie's door asking about Elena. Even though Trudie tells him what he wants, the man kills her.