isobel

Isobel surprises Alaric with her new cynical and cruel attitude. She demands he arranges a meeting with Elena; despite her seemingly indifferent attitude towards him, she seems to have some affection.

At Mystic High, Alaric said to a group of students,"So these are the specs for the History department. For the Founders' Day float we'll be recreating the battle of Willow Creek. Tyler has been nominated at the head of the production design." Alaric said to Tyler that he was nominated by him and that he saw some of his sketches. Tyler decided to call Allison for help with this project.

Damon and Ally were having breakfast at the Abrams Cafe. Elliot gave them subtle side glances the whole time. Ally were talking about her baking day with her sister and her new friend that was basically a brother to her. She also gave Damon some double fudge chocolate brownies as a thanks for being there for her and being an also messed up therapist. They made the darkest jokes about their past and received weird glances from the people in the Cafe for their laughter. Ally gave Damon a hug before they had parted. Damon was grateful for having her in his life. He made a vow to himself to protect her.

Bonnie and Care are talking about the float and to make it a ' Gone with the Wind' theme. Caroline asked Bonnie what was going on with her and Elena, but Bonnie avoided the question. Caroline then said,"Don't play dumb. You and Elena are fighting. Spill!It's not nothing. You know this whole float is supposed to be about friends creating something together and everyone is fighting. Matt and Tyler hate each other, you and Elena are on the outs and I don't like it! And I can't fix it if I don't know what's wrong." Bonnie said that she did not want to talk about it.

Tyler and Ally met up at the Grill to discuss the battle of Willow Creek and to catch up, because they have not talked in a while. Tyler was glad that she was not mad with him. They both share a temper so they understood each other on a different level.

When the mother and daughter finally meet, Isobel refuses to answer most of Elena's questions, though reveals she is looking for the mysterious invention John Gilbert has been seeking. Isobel shows no form of love towards Elena, seemingly indifferent to her daughter. Learning Damon has the device, she orders Elena to obtain it and threatens to kill everyone Elena knows if she refuses.

It eventually turns out that both John and Isobel are working with Katherine. Isobel reveals this when she tries to intimidate Damon into giving her the device, but he refuses, and in return threatens her.
Outside Mystic High where people were working on the float, Isobel said to Elena ,"I'm your mother, Elena. I want to be more involved in your life". Elena said that she did not want her in her life.
Isobel continues, "I understand that. You already have a lot of people that you care about but I've been studying. Let's see if I got this right.
[She looks at Bonnie.] There is the witchy best friend, Bonnie. Gonna stay away from that one.[She looks at Jeremy.]Oh...sad little brother Jeremy.
[She watches Caroline.] And there's Caroline...obnoxious Caroline. I got all of my info from her by the way. She had no idea who I was and she wouldn't stop yapping. Oh...
[She looks at Allison.] The person whose death you almost caused. You put her in a coma. Didn't even visit her. The pain ,the nightmares she has, is your fault.Lots of connections there." Kol tried to warn Ally, but it was too late. Frank jumps on the trailer above Ally. Ally's arm gets crushed. Elena tries to run for her, Isobel grabs her.

Matt screamed as he saw her arm get crushed," Get this trailer! Come on guys help me!" Tyler rushes to help him with some friends. They try to remove the trailer. Stefan arrives to help lift. They remove the trailer. Ally gets free. Caroline rushes to see Ally. Tyler and Care took her to the hospital. Ally was in pain. She did a spell to stop her werewolf healing, because she did not want to cause suspicious under the Council. Isobel resorts to kidnapping Jeremy to force Elena's hand, which Damon reluctantly does so. However, Bonnie offers to remove the spell from the device so it will not kill vampires. Damon was pissed when he heard about small Forbes with a broken arm.
Elena gives the device to Isobel, who reveals she knew Damon would give it up because he loves Elena. Throughout , Damon (correctly) theorizes that John is, in fact, Elena's biological father; he and Isobel had dated in high school. Before leaving town, Isobel, who appears to care about Elena after all, expresses to John her fear that Elena will become a vampire because of the Salvatores. Not wanting this for Elena, she asks John to ensure the brothers die for their daughter's sake.

While at the Grill with Caroline - who is trying to get her to admit what's bothering her, Bonnie reveals to Caroline something ,she did not really deactivate the device, due to her vendetta against vampires. She admits to Caroline, however, that Elena may never forgive her if she ever finds out.
Caroline was scared for her sister that was now in the hospital on pain medication. So called Kai to tell him about the events. He spent the night in Ally's hospital room.

Kol felt useless, because he was to late to save her.