Sacrifice

JEREMY MAKES A DANGEROUS MISTAKE — Elena decides to take matters into her own hands and offers a tempting incentive to Rose for her help. When things take an unexpected turn, however, Rose calls on Damon to deal with the plan Elena has set in motion, which involves her trying to get Klaus's attention. Jeremy's reckless attempt to help Bonnie retrieve the moonstone lands him in a life-threatening position and forces Stefan to put himself in danger to protect him from Katherine. Bonnie and Luka form a closer connection. Tyler shows Caroline the Lockwood cellar, where she makes a discovery that leaves them both terrified.

Stefan and Damon plot to get the moonstone from Katherine so they can lift the curse. Elena asks Rose to take her to Slater so they can learn more about Klaus and where to find him.

Instead, they find Slater's staked corpse laying in his house. Elena uses information from his computer to get Klaus's attention, saying that she, the doppelgänger, is willing to surrender. Rose protests, but Elena insists that surrendering is the only way to protect the people she loves from Klaus.

Meanwhile, Caroline and Tyler discuss the approaching full moon and explore the underground tomb on the old Lockwood family property.They discover Mason's journal and the video diary that he had used to document his extremely painful first transformations. Caroline said to Tyler," I don't know. You just seem like you… like you kind of need it. I was alone when I turned. I had no control over my body or my urges and… I almost killed somebody. I don't want that to happen to you. I don't want you to be alone."

Bonnie forms a plan to lift the spell from the tomb and temporarily incapacitate Katherine so that Stefan can quickly grab the moonstone, but Jeremy goes ahead with the plan by himself and is captured and fed on by Katherine. He manages to toss the moonstone out of the tomb. Stefan arrives and pushes Jeremy out safely, but is trapped in it himself. Later, Jeremy and Bonnie almost kiss. Damon arrives at Slater's house and tells Elena that he will not let her surrender to Klaus or put herself in danger. Two vampires confront Damon, Rose, and Elena; they want to take Elena to Klaus, but all of sudden Elijah appears and kills them, leaving Damon, Rose, and Elena unharmed.

Damon and Elena return to Mystic Falls; Elena tries to run to Stefan in the tomb, but Damon restrains her. Stefan makes Damon promise to protect Elena, and he agrees. Elijah and Luka's father discuss what had happened at Slater's house. Elijah states that he spared Damon and Rose because he could see that they would protect Elena, which is what Elijah had been trying to do all along.

Kai went decided to transition into a heretic with Enzo ,to become more powerful and he did not want to admit it, but he wanted to be able to protect his sister. Allison made him a daylight ring and said for him to be safe and to stay out of town for at least till he is somewhat tolerant to vervain. She did not want him to be harmed by the council.

Allison went to Katherine and told her about Kai and how she was going to miss him.  Kath said he had already said goodbye. Kath talked about her family and her baby. Allison then asked for her blood and used it to track baby Kath. They said that they will find her when she's free from Klaus.
Allison would help Kath to be free.

Caroline was busy and Allison was alone at home with her dog. She and Kol were having a movie night. Allison had a face mask on and was eating ice cream and drinking whiskey.  Elliott and Brooke went on a trip, because their sources had information on Allison's father. They would be gone for a while.