034 to new land

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"And you have everything, right?" Melinda inquired, one more time and Ariadne fondly rolled her eyes. The coat hanger was starting to shake slowly as they stood in one of the empty Ministry rooms. Ariadne held tightly onto her suitcases, charmed to fit everything she needed. There wasn't much she needed anyways, clothes could be washed, personal items were rare and objects forgotten could easily be brought from American shops.

"You've asked her like 20 times," Bailey butted in, his hand in his pockets, "I'm sure she's got everything."

"I do," Ariadne replied, stopping the shorter witch from retaliating, "Do not fret about me."

"Be good in America," she whispered, humour in her voice as she noticed Ariadne check her watch as the portkey began to shake more violently. Pulling them in for a hug, she wrapped her arms around their necks. They giggled as she brought them in at the same time. Taking in maybe her last moment here, she relished the warmth that seeped in as Bailey and Melinda held on tightly. Bidding them farewell, Ariadne grabbed onto the coat hanger, her eyes lifting in time to see Theseus rush into the room. Within another second, she felt herself being pulled away.

"You keep missing her," Melinda pointed out, slightly disappointed as she watched Theseus catch his breath.

On the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, Ariadne stumbled as she landed on her two feet. Her heart pounding in her ears as the travel took a toll on her body. Taking in her surroundings, she stood behind a large factory, steam pumping out of the building. Heels clicking made Ariadne turn to the tall witch in front of her.

"Miss Nott?"

"Yes," she breathed out, "Call me Ariadne," she politely smiled and the other witch returned it. She had short brown hair, only stopping at her chin. A long trench coat that ended below her knees. The white blouse she was wearing was proper and ironed as she stood with dignity.

"Porpentina Goldstein, but everyone calls me Tina," they shook hands. "I'm here to help you settle in."

"Have you lived here your whole life?" Ariadne asked politely, wanting to make conversation as she followed Tina. The grey glum of factories started to die out, crowds of people could be heard as they drew near the city.

"Yes, born and raised here."

"Do you work in congress?"

"Yes, as an auror like you," she responded, carefully looking back to make sure Ariadne.

Good, she almost wanted to let out, relieved. So she was not alone. It was almost nauseating to think of what the American auror office would be like. Yes, she had agreed to travel across the ocean with a bigger picture in mind, almost forgetting the nerve racking smaller details. However, Dumbledore needed her here, the world needed her here. She could not let sight of the plan disappear if smaller things scared her away.

They neared a bank, filled with people leaving and going. Crowds gathered around outside and Ariadne was having a hard time seeing into the middle. A woman's voice was loud as she proclaimed her hatred for magic. The pair of witches halted as the crowds blocked their way, unable to get out as people surrounded them, all wanting to hear her words spoken with confidence and composure.

"Is this normal?" she whispered to Tina, her eyes peering between the back of people's heads to see the woman. She was crying out for the people, warning them of the evil witches that lurked in their society.

"I suppose it is," Tina sighed, "No-Majs have been wanting to expose wizardkind for a long time now,"

"What?"

"No-Majs? Non-magic?"

"Oh. We call them muggles," Ariadne informed, slightly embarrassed by her lack of understanding.

Tina let out a small understanding smile, "C'mon. I'll show you to the Headquarters." Pushing themselves out of the crowd, Ariadne followed the tall witch. Her eyes darted back to the crowd with curiosity. What if that woman had seen something? Belief could not fuel such hatred unless she had experienced something else. Was it Grindelwald? Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, her footsteps followed Tina's. She needed to tackle one problem at a time. The first one being the American auror office.

[713 words]

a/n

tbh i had no idea how to write this chapter, thats why it took so long. anyways, we'll be seeing less of theseus and more of everyone else ig. 

dont forget to vote and comment! tell me something interesting about u

kjlyds