061 rumours in a ballroom

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Getting ready for a party was never this hard. Ariadne didn't understand why it was so difficult to choose a dress. Was it the fact that her boyfriend was in the other room, also getting ready? It couldn't be that. Maybe it was the fact that she was going as his plus one. This was a party that would be filled with his friends, his colleagues, his acquaintances. Yes, she couldn't publicly parade around with his hand in hers, frustratingly, she had that put on herself. If she wasn't so hell-bent on the rules, maybe this would be different. Or maybe if Travers didn't have a personal vendetta against her, the world might just run in her favour. Despite that, she wanted to make a good impression. This was his party invite, she was just tagging along. This was his social circle, his-

"How are you going in there?" His voice brought her out of her daze, She had been drilling her eyes into the mirror. A woman all dolled up stared back at her. Dresses laid on her bed, remnants of her indecisiveness decorated the floor. Jewellery and different heels were hastily pushed away as Ariadne tried to clean her mess.

Swallowing her worries away, she called out to him, "Can you help me zip up?"

Slowly, Theseus peeked his head around the door. His girlfriend was holding her green dress up, the straps almost falling off her shoulders. She stared into the mirror, biting her lip as she examined her attire. It was like the world around her disappeared for a moment, Ariadne jumped as his warm hand pressed against her back. The zip was already three quarters of the way up and he easily finished the job.

She was breathtaking. The emerald green dress hugged her body perfectly. Her makeup was light and her hair was tied up away from her face. She also smelled amazing. Pressing a kiss into her nape made her chuckle, her head curling against his as he breath tickled her neck.

"You look gorgeous."

"And you look handsome," she cooed, turning around, hands straightening the white bow under his chin. He smiled, letting her pull him down for a kiss. His hands found her back, cautious to not ruin her makeup. "We should go. Let's not be late."

"Or we can stay in?" He pressed another series of light kisses on her lips. Regardless of his tempting offer, Ariadne pulled away, a hand against his face to push him away.

"Let's go," she said more sternly, eyes filled with warmth. She led him out of her apartment, her hand in his as they apparated away into the night.

Even though Ariadne had grown up in a pureblooded culture, the architecture in the manors never failed to amaze her. Chiselled marble columns held the floor above as a large arch led to the stairs. Patterns carved into the material gave life to the walls as dim chandeliers stood tall on podiums. People were scattered everywhere, some talking to a group while others made their way up the stairs. The noise of the crowd grew louder as both Theseus and Ariadne walked into the ballroom.