20

"Sweetheart we'll be late today. Listen to Margaret and go to bed on time okay?" papa said while serving me an egg ,something I loathe. I dont know how people eat half boiled eggs. I tried to put it away bt papa's stare stopped me on track.

" I always listen to her papa. Margaret  you didn't tell on me did you? " I feigned a betrayed look which made both mummy and Margaret laugh. what so funny. im telling the truth.

" yeah sure you do" Harry replied in a mocked tone.

"Harry you dont know as you are Never home. so might I suggest you shut up and eat your breakfast " I shot back which made Harry surrender with both of his hands in air n  ofc with his cheeky grin.

"Faith you cannot talk to your brother like that "  papa sounded serious so I silently retreated. Papa has lost his cool since will's and harry's constant fights. but what it has to do with me ?. either way I kept my mouth shut. whatever happens I never go against mummy or papa.

" pa can I miss this dinner? i meet granny tomorrow too soo i hope its ok." harry chimed in again and all the eyes are on him now including mine. seriously? they are visiting granny and grampa bt  didnt think of including me. 

"Did i miss something?"  I  asked looking at mummy and she immediately looked at papa. 

"Faith...baby we were going to tell you after tonight's dinner" mummy started the talk

"me and papa has to go on a tour to austrailia on behalf of queen and Granny and grandpa are visiting canada same week we leave so today's dinner is about that." mummy was going to continue but stopped midway. my expression mustve betrayed me again. i often struggle to mask my feeling yet fail miserably every time. But they didnt even tell me so im hurt. you can tell me im being dramatic but i feel like they are excluding me from everything they do recently.

"how long ? i mean the tour" i know its going to be a long tour 

" six weeks" papa replied. thats it. they planned on going this tour but didnt tell me till i ask. That too by harrys mouth without filter. 

" okay." I said hiding what I felt. " I have to go now. running late " i stood up from chair abruptly .morelike i want to escape. and now mummy try to stop me

"Baby theres nothing we could do to cancel this. we have to do this for your grandma"

" did I ever tell you to cancel mummy ? " i said picking up my bag without looking at her.

"baby please...but you are mad at us now" 

"have i ever been mad with you mummy ? no right?"

"love, we wanted to talk with you beforehand, both of us... but we were busy for the past week and couldnt find a good time" now papa too is trying to talk. he seemed to understand what made me upset was not the trip but the fact they didn't tell me. 

" i am getting late pa. now that i know its ok. dont worry i will listen to margo" with that i left the dining room

"where is will ?" i ask sitting in car. 

" prince is at windsor  your royal highness. i will be taking you to school today"

he also isnt here when i need him. He had taken the job of being my chauffeur happily since he arrived from Andrews. today he also isnt here.

"Good morning  boo" lily beamed when she saw me. she has these weird nicknames for everyone. "or is it not a good morning?" she slid into the next seat 

"bad morning" I replied

"wanna share?" 

"actually yeah. but when i think of it now i kinda overreacted" i replied