35.

As the days stretched into a seemingly endless wait, the media's insatiable hunger for updates on Faith's condition intensified. News of the royal family's beloved member being hospitalized had spread like wildfire, and reporters descended upon the hospital, creating a chaotic scene outside.

Inside the hospital room, the atmosphere was heavy with despair. Diana and Charles, consumed by worry and grief, refused to leave Faith's side. Will and Harry, desperately trying to provide support, insisted that Diana and Charles take a break – to eat, to rest, to gather their strength. But their pleas fell on deaf ears.

Diana, in particular, bore the weight of the situation on her fragile shoulders. Dark circles framed her weary eyes, and her normally vibrant spirit seemed dimmed by the constant worry. She had not slept properly, eaten adequately, or allowed herself a moment of respite. The anguish etched on her face reflected the depth of a mother's love and fear for her child.

Will, understanding the toll this ordeal was taking on his parents, gently approached them, his voice filled with concern.

"Mummy,pa you need to take care of yourselves. Faith needs you strong when she wakes up. You can't help her if you're worn out, The doctors are alert every second" Will urged, his eyes pleading with them to see reason.

Diana, her voice strained from both sorrow and exhaustion, replied, "I can't leave her, Will. Not when she's like this. I need to be here when she wakes up."

Harry, sharing a glance with Will, added, "We understand, Mummy, but you also need to eat and rest. Faith wouldn't want to see you like this."

Despite their efforts, Diana and Charles remained steadfast by Faith's bedside, their eyes never leaving her fragile form.

The hospital corridors echoed with the hum of hushed conversations and the soft footsteps of doctors and nurses. As the days wore on and Faith's condition remained unchanged, the medical team grew increasingly concerned about Diana and Charles. The stress and exhaustion etched across their faces were impossible to ignore.

One evening, after another round of discouraging updates, the head physician approached Charles and Diana with a gentle but firm insistence.

In the sterile hospital room, the air thick with the weight of uncertainty, the lead doctor approached Charles and Diana with a heavy heart. The time had come for a difficult conversation, a conversation that would shatter the fragile hope they had clung to for days.

The lead doctor, a bearer of grim news, began to speak with measured words,

"Your Royal Highnesses, I understand the unimaginable pain you're going through. Faith's condition hasn't shown any signs of improvement, and we believe it's in the best interest of everyone to consider the possibility of going home. The road ahead is uncertain."

Charles, his emotions raw and exposed, couldn't contain the surge of frustration and grief that welled up within him. His usually composed demeanor shattered, and he erupted in a burst of anguished words, "How can you ask us to leave? She's our daughter! We can't abandon her like this!"The doctor, recognizing the intensity of Charles's emotions, maintained a calm exterior. "Sir, we understand the depth of your love for Faith. But we must consider the emotional well-being of the entire family. Going home doesn't mean abandoning her. It means creating a space for you to process this pain and find strength for whatever lies ahead."

"How can you expect us to rest when our daughter is lying there, fighting for her life? We cannot leave her side. We won't!"

Diana, her eyes swollen from days of weeping, pleaded with the doctor, "Please, there must be something more you can do. She's just a child. We can't give up on her."