𝐨𝐧𝐞. - 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓌

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

i stand in the mirror for a few minutes and stare at myself. today, i'm going to be getting a new job. well, hopefully. i just can't fuck up this interview or i'll have no other place to apply to. i've always done well where i've worked in the past, but my last job had promoted a coworker that hated me for a reason i never understood, and the first thing she did was fire me. of course i'm nervous, my resume probably looks like shit.

i drive to the address i typed into my phone before leaving and luckily, it's only ten minutes away from my house. if things go well and i get hired, this would be a convenient location for me. my last job was forty minutes away and i had worked there for three years.

the elevator dings as the doors open to the fifth floor of this huge building. i step out and look around, and i can feel my anxiety already creeping up on me. i know i'll end up lost in here, but the lady who passed me saw how confused i was and asked if i needed help looking for someone.

"yes, i was actually looking for bryan young for my interview." i smile at the woman. she smiles and nods back at me.

"oh! alright, follow me." she says. "what's your name?"

"emerson," i smile when she turns to glance at me while she walks down a hallway. "what's yours?"

"valerie," she smiles, stopping at a door with a fogged glass window in it. when i reach my hand out to shake hands, she pulls me into a hug and wishes me luck on my interview. "you're here to interview to be matt's assistant, right?" she asks. i nod my head. something about the look on her face and the way her tone had changed made me feel like i should be even more nervous. "i know you'll do great," she smiles before turning on her heels and walking down the hall into her office. she must be a boss here too.

i inhale as i knock on the door and stare at the little letters spelling out 'bryan young' on the glass. even the fanciness of this place stresses me out.

"hello!" a tall man says when he opens the door, i press my lips into a smile. 

"hello," i say as the man steps aside and points his whole hand towards the inside of the office, signaling for me to come inside.

"take a seat in one of those black chairs and we'll get started whenever matt shows up." he smiles as he walks around the wooden desk and sits on the rolling office chair. i sit down in one of the black chairs and place my purse on the floor. when i notice my knees bouncing, i put my hands on them as a reminder to relax.

"this is a really nice place," i say to break the silence.

"yes, it is." he smiles. "it is a newer building, we've only been open for about eight years. matt is actually the one who built this whole company. he's very excited to have a new assistant since the last one he had quit on him." he says, turning towards his computer screen and typing some things.

"oh-" i say as i'm interrupted with the door opening. i don't want to turn, but i do anyways. when i see a blue-eyed man walk in with a suit on, i try to ignore my heart skipping a beat. please don't let this man be matt. 

"there he is!" bryan says loudly as he stands up to give the man a hug. "this is emerson turner, she's interviewing for you today." bryan smiles as he points down at me.