𝐭𝐰𝐨. - 𝒶𝓉𝓉𝒾𝓉𝓊𝒹𝑒

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

"that was fast," he smirks as i walk into his office with a bag of his food and a coffee cup in my hand that feels like it's burned through my skin by now. i fake a smile as i place the bag down in front of him. he gives me a weird look before opening the bag. what, is he mad i didn't place his sandwich in front of him? is he four? come on now.

"get back to your desk, i'll email you what you need to do." he says, not even looking at me as he unwraps his sandwich.

"but- uh- sir?" i say, still not knowing what to call him. "i don't know where my desk is,"

"oh, right." he says as he stands up and brushes past me. i follow him out of the office, down the hallway and into this larger room at the end of it. "this is your desk." he says, pointing to a random wooden desk sitting at the end of the hallway. it is off to the side, which is helpful, now i won't be in direct view of everyone else in the building. i nod and place my stuff down as i sit at the desk.

to my surprise, the desk is decent, and the chair is comfortable, but this area definitely needs personality. the walls are blank and boring, the desk has nothing but a laptop and a company mug with a single pen in it, and the desk drawers take a lot of force to get open.

the only other item on the desk is a sticky note with the laptop's password and matt's email address. when the laptop opens to the home screen, an email already pops up from matt.

To: emersonturner@sturniololaw.com

From: matthew4@sturniololaw.com

weekly list:

- my brother chris wants me to go to his house for dinner sometime this week. find a time that i won't be at a work dinner and tell him that's when i'm available.

- ask chris if he wants me to bring anything for dinner whatever night it ends up being on (i'm not bringing him a case of pepsi- tell him i said no)

- i need more laundry detergent.

- schedule a work dinner this week with bryan.

- find out when all my meetings are this week and print out what days they're on

- schedule a meeting with mr. nelson for the nelson case on wednesday at 10am.

- answer phone calls for me.

- print out all the pages for the nelson case and make sure you put them in the right order and file folder in the cabinet.

- call mrs. carson and ask her for more evidence on her case. i have to be able to support her in court and she needs more evidence.

- ask chris when the next time he's updating his brand website is.

- get my brother nick a funny card that has something to do with driving if that exists. he just got his license so bring me the card so i can sign it.

- find out when the lil skies concert is because chris wants to go so i guess i'll do that for our birthday as his gift. i need three tickets but don't buy them yet because i have to check my schedule when it gets closer to the date.

- bring me something from the breakroom. i don't care what.

"this is emerson from sturniolo law firm, how can i help you?" i ask into the phone, trying to not show how exhausted i am through my voice. this feels like the 400th phone call i've answered today. i don't know why they call my extension when they all need to talk to matt. when they don't need him, they ask me a dumb question that the front desk lady could've answered and then they hang up.