𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞. - 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓅𝓊𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑜𝓇

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.
i think i comforted emerson enough. i wish ryder didn't tell her all of that yet. i was going to tell her at some point, but now she knows. i love emmy so much and the last thing i want is to lose her. if ryder opens his mouth one more time he'll have more than a black eye.

on the drive back to my house, i drive home in 35 minutes of silence. as i park my car in my driveway, i grab my keys and get out of the car when my phone starts buzzing in my pocket. a smile grows across my face up until i pull out my phone and see the name. 

it's not emerson.

it's not bryan.

it's not angela.

it's not even ryder.

it's ryder's ex-girlfriend.

fuck. i thought i blocked her.

i pick up the phone and hold it to my ear.

"matt?" her voice says innocently through the phone.

"yeah...?" i say.

"hey, um, how are you?" she asks.

"uh, fine. why are you calling?" i ask, i don't have time for small talk.

"oh uh i was going to tell you some big news i have... not... necessarily good news though." she mumbles at the last part.

"what is it?" i ask.

"jeez, matt, loosen up a bit, you seem tense." she lets out a breathy laugh and inhales to continue when she realizes i'm silent.

"i feel like you should... come over. it's easier to tell in person and i have questions for you." she says.

"um... addison i don't think that's a good idea." i mumble as i unlock my front door.

"aw, you don't call me addy anymore? do you have a girlfriend now or something?" she asks.

"no, i don't but i still don't want to go to your house." i roll my eyes. "we haven't talked in like..." i pause to think of how long it's been.

"six months, but who's counting, right?" she laughs at herself. she is so not my type.

"listen, i gotta go. if you actually need me somewhere for whatever the fuck 'news' you can't tell over the phone then send me a location other than your house and we can meet somewhere." i deadpan.

"matty, it would be better at my house, it's a hassle to leave these days, please just come over here." she says in a whiny voice. 

"whatever. just text me when or something." i say, trying to get to the end of the conversation.

"okay but don't sound so rude when you get here!" she says as i hang up without saying goodbye.

addison was always a very pretty girl. but that's the magic word. girl. she's immature, clearly, because she cheated on ryder with me, but i guess i'm immature for that too.

i regret it every day because it destroyed a good friendship over someone who wasn't worth it. i hate to use the term "whore" to describe a girl, but she really is one. it didn't take much work to get her to sleep with me. all i had to do was text her and say she was "bad". i never say that to anyone, and i'd never use that term to describe emerson, but addison is easy

ryder also despises some other guy from our office in a different department for sleeping with addison also. i have no idea why he still loves her if she's such a hoe. i hate ryder but if i'm being honest, he could do better than her.