𝐭𝐞𝐧. - 𝒾 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

no matter what this man does i cannot stay mad at him. getting mad at him is easy, but his facde alone can fix that. i already got over last night, and i ended up coming into work today only because of the adorable sad face he made before he left my house. maybe i won't quit.

i can't go a single day without seeing him, not even five minutes without thinking about him. i sit down at my desk after quickly walking by his office, hoping he wouldn't see me. when i jam open the drawer i usually put my phone in, there's a sticky note at the bottom that says 'i'm so sorry :(' in his sloppy kindergarten handwriting. it's so cute. i try to stop smiling at it as i pick it up and place it in the bottom corner of my computer screen, placing my phone in the drawer and shoving it closed. 

as i do my work, i can't stop thinking about how rude i was to matt last night. i know he's mean to me every day, but i genuinely feel bad that i didn't let him speak. just the other day we were making out in a parking lot and then i made him tell me something he didn't want me to know just because i was nosy. i feel bad that it made him think it would 'change everything', because as much as i want my feelings about him to change, they won't. i can't ever stop loving him.

i open his most recent email which contains his schedule to check if he's currently in a meeting or not. it seems that he's not busy, so i stand up and walk to his door. i knock on the door and on the third knock, my arm practically enters the room by how fast the door swung open. now i am staring right into matt's blue eyes. once i process what i'm doing, i notice he's grabbing my wrist and ushering me into his office.

"matt, i'm really sorry for the way i acted last night," i start to whisper so no one else in the office building hears. "i shouldn't have made you tell me something you didn't want me to know and i promise i won't do that again... that was a total invasion of privacy and i feel really bad and i care about you a lot and i hope you aren't mad at me-" i ramble on. at this point, i don't even know if what i'm yapping about is coming out as words.

"emmy," he sighs with the cutest smile i've ever seen. "please calm down. i'm definitely not mad at you," he chuckles as he takes a step closer to me. i don't even think when i wrap my arms around him and place my head on his chest. this whole interaction is an out of body experience to be honest. 

"i love you," he says out of NOWHERE. I'M FLIPPING OUT. my heart just soared and it's going a million miles a minute and i'm pretty sure there are tears forming.

as we pull away from the hug i look down to hide my face a little, but when he gently grabs my chin to look into my eyes, i already knew what he was going to say.

"why are you crying?" he says, furrowing his eyebrows as his eyes move back and forth between both of my eyes.

"i love you so much," i say as my voice breaks with a smile. a big smile spreads across his face as he pulls my face closer to him by my chin and gently presses a kiss on my lips. "are you sure you're not mad about it?" i ask, looking up at him again with raised eyebrows.

"what do i have to do to prove it to you?" he shakes his head and smiles. i give him a look and shrug.

"i dunnoooo..." i trail off.

"hmm... what if i took you to a nice dinner tonight?" he smirks.

"i would be happy if we just hung out at my house or yours," i smile up at him.

"is that what you wanna do?" he asks.

"sure," i beam.

"we can have dinner at my house, i'll cook for you and then we can hang out," he suggests.

"perfect," i can't stop smiling as i look at him. i don't know if i was saying the plan was perfect or if he was. probably the second one. "i'm excited," i smile as his arms let go of me.

this perfect moment was ruined when ryder stormed into matt's office without knocking.

"hanging out with emerson instead of working, huh?" he shouts. i feel like i can see steam leaving his ears he looks so angry.

"i am working." matt deadpans.

"working on getting in her pants," ryder rolls his eyes and scoffs. he's such an asshole.

"don't ever talk like that again," matt furrows his eyebrows, anger in his voice being distinct now.

"you know what, matt? you can have her, i don't want her, she's a whore." ryder scoffs as he looks me up and down with a disgusted look.

"good because i don't want you either." i deadpan and cross my arms as matt lunges forward at him. he grabs his suit jacket and pushes ryder's back into the wall, his eyes looking angrier than ever. 

"don't ever talk about her like that, ryder." he says in an angry tone. "who do you think you are?" he scoffs.

"i dunno... but i am someone who's getting emerson fired," he shrugs to the best of his abilities while matt clutches his jacket in his fists. he's holding ryder so tight he could probably lift the guy off the ground.

"what?" i exclaim. "i heard you were trying to get matt fired?" i ask, throwing my hands out. 

"well i figured you were an easier target since matt actually 'cares' about you," he says as he attempts to raise his arms to make air quotes. i narrow my eyes at him as matt lets go and turns around to face me.

"i do care about you, it's just that ryder is clearly jealous-" matt starts.

"you fucked my girlfriend you fucking asshole!" ryder blows up on him. "in the office! while i was literally here, matt! what is wrong with you? i can't believe emerson is even hooking up with you with the way you are!" he shouts.

"that was in the past, ryder-" matt says, ignoring the hooking up part about him and i.

"you always want to brush it under the rug like nothing ever happened! i really loved her and you stole her from me right in front of my face!" he yells. his face is red and i swear his eyes look glossy. "i can never get her back all because of you." he shoves his pointer finger into matt's chest. "you convinced her to leave me after you manipulated her, she was the love of my life!" he scoffs. 

"ryder this was so long ago why is this coming up now?" matt asks, rolling his eyes.

"because i want you to know that i'm doing emerson a favor by firing her. you're just going to hook up with her only because i wanted her and then you're going to brainwash her. this is a pattern, matt. we all see it but you and whoever your current hoe is." ryder explains.

"stop calling her names right now." matt deadpans through gritted teeth.

"you're a manipulator, she's a whore-" ryder says calmly.

before i process what even happened, ryder is on the ground and matt is on top of him. i want no part of this. i'm leaving. i carefully step over both of these children and walk back to my desk. i cannot handle this.

i sit at my desk and hold back tears as i try to work. the fight cleared up because bryan stormed in and stopped it from continuing. as ryder walks by my desk, he mouths 'you deserve better' and shrugs as i notice his bloody nose.

i stare at the sticky note. my eyes start watering again. 'i'm so sorry :('. is he? is he really?

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★