𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. - 𝒾'𝒹 𝒹𝑜 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

i'm on a virtual meeting with matt, scarlett, ryder, and bryan. my camera is off and i'm falling asleep with my head in my hands on my desk until i hear my name being called.

"emerson, what do you think about that plan?" bryan asks. i unmute myself.

"it's uh- it's great, i think it will be very beneficial on our part." i say. i hope it makes sense since i heard nothing about what this 'plan' is. i haven't been actually focused at work in a while. matt was my daily motivation to put on makeup and be awake, but now that he's been focused on scarlett, i've been up late at night wondering why this all happened to me.

the meeting is finally over, and people one by one stay in the meeting. except matt.

"emerson... could you come into my office for a moment please?" he mumbles as if there's still other people in the meeting.

"no, i can't. i'm busy." i say. i can hear his loud sigh over the microphone.

"i just need to talk to you-" he says, but i interrupt him by leaving the meeting. then my phone starts dinging.

matt

emerson is everything okay?

you're not wearing any makeup and you're
falling asleep at work.

i'm not judging you i'm just genuinely concerned
about you.

i leave him on read again. i can't stay awake doing actual work, so i open up a new tab on my computer with my e book on it. it's a romance book and i'm already halfway through it. i've been using books to distract myself, but despite the way the author describes the male characters, i can't imagine him looking anything other than the way matt does.

yeah, it's bad. picturing matt as the male characters in a book is a whole other level. but it keeps my mind off things and i guess that's good for me.

i'm so invested in the page that i didn't even notice my facial expression. until i got a text about it.

matt

wait... are you smiling? 

should i be jealous?

you've been staring at your computer like
that for 15 mins...

and now you're crossing your legs.

what are you looking at?

i'm reading a book

oh?

it must be good

based on your face

it is :)

what's it about?

oh uh...

are you reading a sex scene?

NO

🤨

I SWEAR

off topic but can i please come over later?

...

please?

do you want me to beg?

wait yes 😭😭😭

please emmy i love you so much please let
me come hang out with you tonight

i was kiddinggggg woahhh

oh

well i did anyways

i'd do anything for you 😏

okay matt stop 😭😭

i'm sorry 

that sounds very downbad

i can be downbad if u want

MATT 😭😭

matt knocks on my door and once i open it, he pulls me into his arms. i resist at first but i hear him mumble, "just hug me back," in an annoyed sigh and i rest my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his back. as we pull away, he looks into my eyes and does his cute smile without his teeth. he's blushing.

"i uh wanted to talk to you," he says. the way he looks at me is like he's getting lost in my eyes.

"about?" i ask.

"scarlett," he sighs. "i have a lot of explaining to do after it was brought to my attention how much time i've been spending with her." he says.

"who gave you that awakening?" i smirk.

"ryder, shockingly... and scarlett herself." he says, pressing his lips together. "anyway, i wanted to come to you privately to apologize for being distant, work has been slamming me lately, and i promise that i won't purposely distance myself from you. training scarlett is very difficult because she doesn't retain information as quickly as you do. i know that i need to be spending more one-on-one time with you not only because we work together and you're my assistant, but also because i love you." he says. i immediately wrap my arms around him again and i feel like i could cry. no one has ever realized their mistake and came to apologize to me like that before. usually, i end up being the one that apologizes even when it's not my fault.

"i'm really... surprised that i got an apology," i smile a little.

"of course, i noticed how you seemed sad and i was wondering what the problem was but then they helped me figure it out." he smiles at me.

i give him another hug and thank him for apologizing, him giving me a kiss on the head as we go to sit down and watch a movie. it was a dog movie, and i love dogs. it ended up being so sad near the end, that i burst out into tears and cried as matt held my head on his chest.

"want hot chocolate, baby?" he asks as tears are staining his shirt. i nod my head and he grabs a pillow beside him to put it under my head as he stands up. matt has been at my house a lot, so he knows where everything is. it's like he lives here now. now that i'm laying on the couch and my eyes are drying now that the end credits of the movie are rolling, i'm noticing how he called me 'baby'.

"matt?" i ask, knowing he's paying attention when he turns around. "did you just call me baby?" i smile.

"maybe," he blushes and shrugs. he starts the microwave and comes back to the couch. he sits beside me and hugs me again, but i lift my chin so my eyes meet his and kiss him. he's quick to kiss back, almost like he's been waiting for this all day. we make out and ignore the microwave beeping once the hot chocolate is done.

he pulls on my waist until my legs are on either side of his and i'm sitting on top of him and his head is tilted up while kissing me. his hands move from my waist to the sides of my thighs, and i move my hands from his jaw into his hair. i move my hips a little since he has to get up in a second, and he grunts quietly as i do.

ummmm...

"i'll go get the hot chocolate," i pant as i get off his lap. he smiles at me and is breathing heavy as i feel his eyes on me as i walk to the kitchen.

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

um. i'm sorry 😭(dw there's nothing more than that)