𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. - 𝓈𝑜?

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

the amount of tension there is when i'm around matt is frustrating. i can't tell if i want to kiss or kill him sometimes. probably the first one. sometimes he'll be so cute and sweet like last week, and then the second monday morning hits, he's back to being an ass.

i don't like arguing with him, but i hate the way he talks to me. the one thing i did learn from my parents is that i would never put up with a man talking to me like how my dad talked to my mom. i still liked my dad better than my mom though. my mom used to send me texts throughout my whole adolescence trying to guilt trip me because i hated going to her house. most weekends, i asked to stay at my dad's, and she would text long paragraphs saying i didn't love her. 

it got to the point where i did question whether i did love her or not. i hated being around her, she hated me, and it was pointless to waste my weekends doing nothing. 

this morning, matt walked over to my desk and started demanding everything, then he noticed how stressed i was, scolded me on how i should get more sleep as if i'm a child, and continued to demand more work.

i completed all the work and decided that i really needed to leave early. right when i arrived at work today, i felt so nauseous and exhausted, which is weird because i didn't go out last night. i emailed matt letting him know i didn't feel good, and he ignored it as he sent another email full of work for me to complete. what was his deal today?

i knew that if he was ignoring me, he wasn't in the mood for my shit, but i wasn't in the mood for his. i couldn't be at work any longer or i'd puke.

"come in," he grumbles as i knock on the door to his office. i swing open the door and immediately explain how i don't feel good before he can complain about my presence. "emerson, you really can't work today?" he sighs and tilts his head at me.

"matt- boss, i wouldn't lie about something like that. i genuinely feel horrible right now and i'm about to throw up. i need to leave, i'll do the work at home if you want-" i explain.

"emerson." he interrupts me. "whatever. you don't need to do the work at home, just do it whenever you come back and be a little bit behind. rest so you can come back as soon as possible." he says. 

"thank you so much-"

"i don't need all the glazing, go home." he scoffs. rude. i rolled my eyes and turned on my heel to walk out. "drop the attitude." he says. i turn again to face him and look him in the eyes. 

"okay dad." i roll my eyes. i swear i see a smirk form on his face as i turn to leave again. weirdo.

once i get home, i did throw up. there was so much traffic and braking on the way home that it only made my nausea worse. i brushed my teeth and laid down, despite me starving. i didn't feel like getting up to cook especially since i was shaky and weak. i felt that i should go to urgent care or something, but i was dragged away from my thoughts by the sound of my phone dinging.

boss
did you make it home alright honey?

boss
sorry for being rude, ryder was pissing me off
again

honey? did he mean to send that to his girlfriend? does he have a girlfriend? why does he take his anger with other people out on me? not my fault.

emerson
honey?

boss
sorry that's just what i call people i like ;)