𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. - 𝑔𝑜 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒, 𝓂𝒶𝓉𝓉

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

it's downpouring outside and i sit on the couch in my apartment and stare. i stare at the raindrops racing down the window as a tv show i could care less about plays in the background. the sun is setting and i haven't even thought about dinner yet. i can't get my mind off today.

i genuinely don't know whether to be grateful for matt defending me or to be pissed off at him. if he thinks i'm still going to his house after what happened, he is dead wrong. 

is ryder telling the truth? i really hope not. that would ruin everything. i decide to get up and make myself soup. it fits the current mood. rain, sadness, and how i can't get the tears in my eyes to go away. when someone knocks on the door, i furrow my eyebrows and turn towards the door.

"emmy-" i slam the door back shut in matt's face. why the fuck is he here? i was just getting over today. he opens the door himself. "i want to say sorry-"

"go home, matt." i scoff and close the door again. it becomes a door-pushing contest between the two of us. me closing the door and him opening it. eventually he fully pushes the door open and steps inside swiftly as he grabs my forearm to stabilize my almost-fall. when he lets go, i cross my arms and furrow my eyebrows at him until he speaks.

"emerson, i'm so sorry for today. i find myself apologizing to you a lot and i'm now realizing how bad it is. i... don't even know what to say about today, really. i was just pissed off and trying to defend you but i shouldn't of let him talk for that long i wish i was more mature about it and i wouldn't have fought him and i'm so sorry i just-"

"matt," i interrupt him.

"what?" he says.

"is what ryder says all true?" i ask, my voice lowering. his eyes soften and he licks his lips.

"um..." he mumbles. "well i did tell you about ryder's girlfriend, right?" he asks, scratching his chin.

"yeah," i shrug.

"that part is true, i did, technically, 'manipulate' her until she ended up... wanting to... hook-"

"yeah. i figured." i deadpan.

"i know that makes me look like a dick, but it was a while ago-"

"how long ago?" i tilt my head.

"umm... about... almost a year ago." he says, his eyes look nervous as he tries to read my expression.

"oh." i say.

"i'm really sorry, i'm not like that... anymore, i promise i'm not trying to do this for ryder or anything i really do love you emmy." he says. him saying that name is my weakness and i don't think he knows that. not yet, at least.

"do you forgive me?" he asks, taking me out of my day dream. i was staring at the floor until he spoke.

"whatever, matt." i shake my head and walk back over to my kitchen. "it's fine." i say.

"can i give you a hug?" he asks. i hesitate. if i hug him, i know i'll break down crying. i feel so vulnerable right now and i can cry at any minute. if i look into matt's eyes one more time i'll definitely cry. "emmy?" he interrupts my thoughts again as i stir the pot of broth and vegetables. he walks into the kitchen and wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him. i immediately turn to face him and hold onto him tight. my hands hold his hoodie on his back and here comes the crying.

"emmy why are you crying?" he asks.

"i wish i didn't like you so much sometimes," i cry into his hoodie.

"aw, why not?" he asks, looking down at me who refuses to pull away from him.

"i just... i love you a lot and it hurts so bad when you do stupid shit. it wouldn't matter that much if i didn't love you." i cry more.

"i'm glad you love me this much, because i love you this much." he says, i can tell he's smirking by his voice. i pull away, and yep, he's smirking. fuck, i love him.

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★