𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. - 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

i've been home for a week now and things have been boring. everything is back to normal at work- well, a better "normal". matt has been way nicer lately and it's something i can get used to. he's over the physical touch with me now, which is good because the rumors have slowed, but also makes me wonder if there's a reason for it. the rumors have been continuing nevertheless, and it's more problematic than ever.

ryder.

he's been trying to convince bryan to force matt to fire me all week. matt told me that ryder just wants matt to lose someone he loves to get back at him for what happened. ryder's plan isn't working too well, but it still stresses me out that i may lose my job over this bullshit.

there's a new hire that's been here for about two weeks, ryder hired her while we were out visiting matt's family. her name is scarlett, and she's ryder's assistant. she's a gorgeous, black-haired hispanic woman. she makes me a little insecure. her fierce eyes and red lined lips give off such confident energy, and i feel like i'd never match that. 

we're entirely the opposite. i have doe eyes and long straight hair, she has siren eyes and long black wavy hair that looks like it's from a commercial. there's so much more to be comparing myself to other than just that, but i'd spend all day explaining it all to you. everything about her is perfect. matt always said he loves my eyes, so i guess that's helpful.

ever since he met her, he hasn't exactly been the same. like i said, he stopped being physical. i get it, it's not a good look to do that at work, but even outside of work we've been talking less. matt keeps having to do all these meetings with scarlett "since she's new", and i know i'm not supposed to be pissed about it because we aren't dating... but holy shit.

the jealousy has been through the roof for the last week for me, especially with matt spending more time with scarlett than me. what really pissed me off was how on wednesday, they went to dinner to welcome her to the company, but i wasn't invited.

i stayed home that night and watched tv, then i tried to call my mom to even just talk. i tried to call because i haven't talked to her since visiting my dad. she didn't answer. whatever, i don't blame her.

i listened to music for the rest of that night, and tried to keep my mind off how matt was probably cracking jokes with scarlett at dinner.

he called me after he got done with the dinner, but i didn't pick up. the next day at work was normal. today is friday, and i missed work today because yesterday pissed me off even more.

on thursday, scarlett kept grabbing matt's forearm when she spoke. he couldn't wipe his smile off his face. i was so infuriated, that i stayed home today to keep it together.

matt <3

you good?

fine

no you're not

tell me what's wrong

nothing is wrong.

why weren't u at work? something is clearly
wrong emmy

i'm coming over

don't

why not?

i don't want u to

why have u been weird this week?

hello?

emmy?

are u ok?

Read 6:42 PM

𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯
i'm not sure what it is, but i know emerson has a problem. it's so sudden and we haven't talked for a while. i've been so busy at work with this new hire we have, i've been going to work dinners and nonstop meetings so she can be properly trained.

i'm not gonna lie, i miss my friendship with ryder. this rivalry shit is annoying, and i don't like having a target on my back. i don't like how he's attacking emmy for what i did. she doesn't deserve it.

ryder asked me to train scarlett, but it takes forever to train someone who doesn't learn as fast as emmy does. he said he would forgive me if i did it, so i acted nonchalant at the time, but i am excited to be able to hang out with him again like how it was before.

i've been working overtime all week, and emerson wasn't here today which gave me even more work to do. scarlett is very needy. she needs help with every little thing. 

"how does the website work?"

"where do i go from there?"

"matt, help, i don't know how to put this into files"

she's pretty, but apparently really dumb. it seems impossible for someone to be that dumb. at work yesterday, i got silent treatment from emerson, and today, she doesn't want to see me. most of me really wanted to get her dinner and bring it to her house, but i decided to listen to her. i'll stay away.

ryder asked if i wanted to go to dinner tomorrow with him and scarlett, and since emerson doesn't want to be near me, i agreed and said i'll go. 

"i don't know why she's so mad all of a sudden." i shrug.

"just give her some time... i mean, you never know what's happening in her life," scarlett says, swirling the wine in her glass and pouring the rest of it in her mouth.

"no, that's the problem. i do know everything happening in her life... suddenly i don't," i explain.

"maybe she doesn't love you anymore." ryder says with a shrug.

"i don't know..." i mumble. thinking about it now is hitting hard. it makes me sad.

"like i said, leave her alone. she'll come crawling back when she wants some from you anyways so-" scarlett says.

"shut up." i interrupt her. "emerson isn't like that,"

"gosh... go protect your bitchy girlfriend when you're actually speaking to her." she rolls her eyes.

"you need to stop talking." i deadpan.

"scarlett, just stop." ryder chimes in. it's nice to see him on my side for once.

"she's a bitch, she doesn't even speak to me, what kind of employee is that? distance yourself from her, she'll take you down with her." she says.

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★