𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. - 𝓇𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓇

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

"get me the files for the nelson case and another coffee," matt demands as i stand in front of his desk. the scenarios i had made in my head would never be real. matt can't like or date his assistant. 

"got it, anything else?" i ask, turning to get the door. he shook his head no and i walked out to get his things he asked for. i didn't have time to go to the cafe, and i always see him with the coffee from the break room, so i brought him that with sugar packets along with the files i printed in the copy room.

"what the fuck is this?" he says, holding up the cup and pointing to it once i hand it to him.

"it's... coffee?"

"from where?" he says with an attitude.

"the break-"

"why didn't you go to the cafe?" he says, his voice getting louder and my heart starts to race.

"because i thought i didn't have time. you've been saying i'm behind in work even though i'm not so i thought you'd be mad if i left-"

"never give me coffee from the break room ever again!" he shouts. the look in his eyes makes me want to cry. i feel a lump forming in my throat and decide i'm tired of kissing his ass.

"boss, you always drink coffee from the break room when you don't have time-"

"i don't care! i want coffee from the cafe!" he says, still getting louder somehow. he doesn't seem to care that other people in the office can hear him. they should be used to it by now, he yells at me all the time. 

"i don't understand..."

"what are you not understanding?" he gives me a look. "can you not do your job right?" he says. the tears in my eyes are very visible at this point and i can tell because i can see them myself.

"what do you mean?" i say. "no, i can't do my job right if i'm spending half the day down at the cafe since you want three coffees a day!" i exclaim. the look on his face when he realizes i didn't just bow down and apologize is priceless, but i better watch it before he fires me.

"i don't like your attitude, that's how you'll get fired really quick." he growls. "get me another fucking coffee and get back to work." he shouts. the tears are rolling down my face at this point, and i snatch the coffee from his hand and drop it in the small plastic trash can by the door on my way out.

when i get back, i swing open his door without knocking and put the coffee on his desk. as i turn to leave, i feel a hand grab my wrist. i try to keep walking, but he pulls me back and i turn to face him with a confused look.

"i'm sorry," he says, staring at my face. i can tell he's not looking at my eyes, he's looking at the tear stains on my cheeks. i pull my wrist away from him and turn to walk out.

when i get to my apartment, i immediately shower and change into a hoodie and sweatpants. i love getting comfortable after work. i have the worst headache from crying and being stressed out. i get up to get ibuprofen from the medicine cabinet, and my phone dings with a text.