𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨 - 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓎𝑜𝓊

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

"what are you doing here?" i ask, him slightly jumping from the sudden break of silence.

"i came here to talk to you." he says, still looking forward. he's avoiding the eye contact.

"i... don't really want to talk to you, matt." i deadpan. 

"but we need to, emerson." he says. i hate that he uses my full name when he's serious. the nickname he created is way better.

"i said i don't want to-"

"emerson stop acting like that." he says, finally looking me in the eyes. i can feel my lip quiver. "please just let me explain my side-"

"that's what they all say, matt." i cry out. "you're just like the rest of them," i say as he stands up and paces towards me. "why can't anything just be-" i'm cut off by him wrapping his arms around me in a hug. any other day i'd melt into his arms and kiss him but i'm so tired of letting him have this much power over me. "get off me!" i say as i shove him off.

"what's your deal?" he yells.

"maybe it's because everyone and their mom told me about you and scarlett!" i shout. "i... i cannot handle it with you anymore. i- i... love you, matt, but i feel like you wouldn't give a shit if i jumped off a bridge tomorrow-"

"you really think i don't give a shit about you?" he shouts. his hands flaring out like he's a victim.

"sometimes it feels very possible when you go fuck around with scarlett!" i shout back.

"what exactly do you think i did with her?" he raises and eyebrow.

"i don't fucking know but i heard you guys made out." i say in a lower voice. his face drops.

"emm- i- what?" he says, raising both eyebrows now. "i did not do any of tha-"

"just stop, matt." i shut my eyes. "you don't have to lie. if she's what you want then so be it and i'll-"

"you'll stop." he interrupts. "i literally beg that you stop, emerson. i don't want scarlett. i want you. i want you so bad it's actually insane. i want you so badly that it pissed me off to see ryder hold you like that... and-and the way he grabbed your face." his eyes soften when he looks into my eyes again. "i love you, emerson... and only you."

"i... i really, i really don't know... what to say anymore, matt." i sigh.

"you don't have to say anything." he says. "i just want to tell you that i don't know who the fuck told you that i kissed scar-"

"made out-"

"whatever. i don't know who told you that but it's untrue and they're fucking with us. no one wants us to work out, emerson. you can't listen to the gossip, you have to come to me about these kinds of things, why didn't you?" he asks.

"well it just seemed so... believable because you had been spending so much time alone with her and... my brain just made me think maybe even worse things happened." i mumble.

"no... no no no, babe, i wouldn't do that to you." he says. i immediately step into him and his arms open as if he expected the hug. we hug for a few minutes before stepping apart. "i had news for you last night... i was going to announce it at the party but i don't know what happened with you and why you were mad when you got there." he explains.

"i just felt betrayed. you'd been ignoring me for days and scarlett was spending every waking second with you and- have you seen her? she literally has the features of a model... i guess i got jealous that you'd like her more than me or that she'd steal you from me before i even technically had you."

"emmy, you've always had me." he says with a slight upturn to his lips. "and i'm sorry for ignoring you, i swear it wasn't on purpose. i was just so caught up with work and scarlett had mine and ryder's phone during every meeting since she said we were on them too much-"

"you know she does that on purpose, right matt?" i say. "she's not dumb. plus, aren't you the boss of everyone? what right does she have to take your phone?"

"i- i don't know... i guess i didn't think much of it." he shrugs with an apologetic look.

"i guess not." i say flatly. "what's this news you're talking about?"

"i want you to move up a position. your salary would be drastically higher and i know you're smart enough to move up. it's almost the same as your current position but you'll just make more money. there are two things that are bad though- one, you have to study and take a huge test with a score of 80% minimum, and you wouldn't technically work under me anymore. you'd be on the same level as me, so you'd be able to hire an assistant of your own if you'd like."

"maybe i'll make my assistant suffer like you did to me," i laugh. he laughs with me. "no but seriously. thank you, matt. i'll definitely consider it, i'd love to move into a house instead of this apartment." i smile. "who would be your assistant if i'm not?" i ask.

"probably no one. i don't think anyone can top how you are for me." he smirks.

"oh, shut up." i roll my eyes and try to hide my super obvious smirk.

"you're blushingggg," he teases. "i don't really need an assistant anymore to be honest." he shrugs.

"so if i don't take this position then what?" i ask.

"oh... you're taking this position. i'm gonna help you study, i have all the materials and things you need in order to pass. you can come to my house everyday after work and i'll help you for a few hours." he says.

"when is the test?"

"whenever you want to take it, but of course you'd want it to be as soon as possible with such an increase in your salary." he explains. i nod in agreement.

"right," i say.

"well i'm glad you're up for it but i should... probably go now. it looks like it's about to rain-"

"um, matt?" i say. he faces me again. "could you stay with me?" i ask, not realizing i'm messing with my hands until he glances down at them and back to my face.

"yeah, sure if you want me to," he nods.

"yes, i want you to," i smile.

"well, if we make out again like last time will you avoid me the next day again?" he jokes. i playfully roll my eyes. "don't give me attitude, ma'am." he smirks.

"i won't ignore you again, matt. but no promises."

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★