𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. - 𝑒𝓂𝓂𝓎

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

i step out of the elevator and turn the corner to walk to my desk to drop my stuff off. i have a few minutes to spare to put all my stuff away before i knock on matt's door. when i turn the corner, looking down, i run straight into someone. dammit. that's embarrassing.

"oh my gosh, i'm so so sorry." i say quickly, looking up at the person. he looks down at me with a nice smile. i blink and bend down to pick up a stack of paper he dropped.

"don't worry about that, i got it." i says, bending down to help me pick up the papers.

"no it's okay, i don't mind. i'm so sorry," i say, tapping the papers on my knee to straighten them out. 

"it's okay... you work for sturniolo, right?" he asks, looking at me as we both stand up.

"yeah," i say.

"oh... well my name is ryder. it's nice to meet you..."

"emerson," i smile. "and sorry our first meeting started like this," i giggle, him laughing along.

"it's okay, i promise. i don't want to make you late, sturniolo would be angry. but have a nice day, i'll see you around."

"thanks, you too. see ya." i smile before turning around and walking back to my desk.

i knock on my boss' office door, not knowing why i'm holding my breath. 

"come in." i hear, and i open the door and step inside. not only is matt in here, but also bryan, and some woman i've never seen. "you guys are good, i need to talk to my assistant in private." he says quietly, as if he didn't want me to hear.

"sit." he says. he says this so often that i already know what to do when he looks at me like that. today is different. he looks more pissed off than before. i sit and try not to look nervous from his death stare. "do you know why you're here right now?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows and placing his hands on the desk in front of him. my leg starts bouncing and my heart is racing.

"um... to work."

"don't be a smart ass."

"i... i don't know. i come in here every morning-"

"do you know why you're in this building right now?"

"to work," i nod my head, giving him a weird look. what? is that not the right answer? what am i doing here then?

"exactly." he says, leaning back in his chair and rolling his eyes. is that not what i already said? i'm so confused. my thoughts are cut off by him continuing to talk. "you're not here to be flirting with your coworkers." he says, giving me a death glare again.

"i wasn't-"

"don't deny it... i saw you flirting with ryder..." he narrows his eyes, leaning forward in his chair again.

"but i wasn't-"

"yes you were!" he booms. "you're not here to talk to him." he deadpans, looking away. "you're my assistant. i don't need you talking to other employees."