𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. - 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★

matt tosses my suitcase into the trunk of his car. once i explain to him which way it is to get on the highway, i start normal conversation. 

"i can't believe you're driving me to boston right now to meet your brothers." i shake my head with a smile. he laughs. "i mean, who would've thought... like i would've never thought you would actually be able to put up with me for longer than eight hours at work." i giggle.

"i feel guilty that i was so hard on you, emmy... but i'm glad i got to know you. you're really amazing." he smiles as he gets on the highway.

we spend the whole three-hour car ride talking about everything. i love listening to his funny stories from his childhood, and his mom seems so sweet.

"speaking of, maybe you can meet my mom while we're there too," he says.

"matt do they even know i exist?" i giggle. 

"believe it or not, i've told them about you before." he says.

"probably that i sucked at my job."

"no no, all good things." he explains with a smile.

when we arrive, i get out of the car and stretch my legs. matt told me all about his brothers. nick is gay, but super funny and chris is the affectionate one who never stops laughing at nick's jokes. he said i'll be able to tell them apart pretty easily, because nick has a nose ring and a mullet-type haircut while chris "looks like his name would be linda". i have no idea what that meant, but i was dying laughing when matt told me that.

his dad loves golfing and fishing, and his mom loves baking. marylou seems like such a sweet woman yet i'm still nervous to meet her. matt also has an older brother, justin, who's many years older than the triplets but they're still close. i think that's cute.

matt gets my suitcase out of the trunk, and then his own before dragging them both towards the front door.

"i can get my bag." i mention.

"no it's fine, i got it." he says as he picks them up to carry them up the front steps.

one of his brothers opens the door before he can even knock, and i walk up the stairs behind matt.

"matty!!!!" one of them exclaims as the other comes behind the first one with a bright smile. chris was the one who opened the door and nick was behind him. now i understand the linda joke because chris looks like he just got out of the shower.

"where is she?" nick says as matt moves out of the way to reveal me standing behind him.

"aww hi emerson! i've heard so many good things about you!" nick exclaims. i love him already.

"me too! i'm so glad to finally meet you guys!" i say as i quickly glance at chris too.

"this is the girl you wouldn't shut up about last weekend-" chris nudges matt with his elbow playfully.

"chris, stop." matt mumbles while giving him a wide-eyed look.

"come inside guys!" nick says as he moves out of the way to let matt move the bags inside. nick grabs my hand and immediately starts showing me around the house while matt and chris mumble behind us.

i can't wipe the smile off my face as i'm brought around their house. it's so cozy in here and i immediately feel so welcomed for some reason.

"is that a pac-man game?" i exclaim as i point to the old school arcade game in the corner of the living room.

"it is! are you good at it?" he asks.

"i think so," i shrug.

"let's play then, if you can beat me then you would definitely beat matt too, he's pretty good at this." nick suggests. i nod with another smile and sit on the retro teal colored stool in front of the game. "chris bought this out of nowhere and surprised us a few years ago." he says.

"this is so cool i love it." i say as i press two player and start my round.

"emerson you can stay out here if you want but i'm going to sleep. nick can show you your room whenever you're ready. my mom said she's coming over tomorrow afternoon by the way." matt says to me as i watch nick jolt the joystick of the arcade game around.

"okay sounds good! thank you, matt. goodnight." i say with a smile as i turn to him. i can see nick eyes matt for a split second before going back to his game.

"of course, goodnight." he smiles and heads upstairs.

"how long have you worked for him?" nick asks once matt's footsteps have faded.

"ummm i'd say about four months now." i shrug. "my first few weeks were hell. i remember i used to have to go get him coffees in the middle of my work three times a day." i raise my eyebrows. nick's jaw suddenly drops, and he turns to face me, ignoring the sound effects from the game indicating the game over.

"whatttt??" he asks like it's crazy.

"yes," i giggle. "i was like his personal assistant, not just his work one," i laugh.

"i would've quit... hell nah." nick says and i immediately start laughing. "he does that as a test... he likes to see if his assistants would put up with his bullshit before he starts their job normally." he says with an eyeroll. "i would not have stayed, but you seem too nice for that. you probably gave him everything he wanted."

"i tried to, but i still got yelled at every day." i shrug.

"he came over one weekend and told us about how you picked him up at like 2:30 in the morning that one night." he says. "he talked about you like he had hearts in his eyes. i think that was when he realized how hard he was being on you, and i think that's when he realized how much he actually appreciates you." nick smiles.

"awww..." i say.

"you're blushing." nick says.

"i can tell." i say as i touch my face and we both burst into laughter.

"do you like him?" nick says.

"i like him wayyyy too much," i shake my head with a smile. "i love him" i say. i wanna swallow my words right after saying it. i squeeze my eyes shut and pinch my nose while looking down so nick doesn't see my face. i'm embarrassed.

"that's so cute." he breaks the silence. "he loves you too." he smiles as i open my eyes and look at nick again.

★🗯️🌪️🌙🎬☁️★