Breathe

TVA, YEAR UNKNOWN

TVA, YEAR UNKNOWN

Rebecca and Loki were sitting outside of Ravonna's office as Mobius had a meeting with her about the mission that just happened. Rebecca's leg bounced up and down, nervous about this whole situation at hand. C-20 was one of the only Hunters that was actually nice to her whenever she began her journey of becoming an analyst.

"Will you stop that?" Loki asked in annoyance of Rebecca leg shaking the couch they were sitting on.

Rebecca rolled her eyes at his question, but stopped and started to tap her fingers. "Seriously?" Loki asked her. "Why aren't you in there with Mobius?"

"Because Ravonna hates me," Rebecca replied, leaning back and folding her arms over her chest.

"I thought everyone liked you and Mobius?" Loki questioned her answer.

"Everyone likes Mobius. Not me. Haven't you noticed all the hunters and minutemen giving me death glares?" Rebecca asked.

Loki pondered for a moment. He thought that was just because he, a variant, was with the two. Maybe it was shared glares as the two would often work side by side the past few days. "And why is that? If I may ask," Loki asked.

Rebecca shrugged not knowing the honest answer. "I don't know. Maybe because they didn't like the fact that I switched jobs. Or Mobius was the only one who actually believed in my ability to become an analyst."

"Do they frown upon that? Switching roles in the TVA," Loki asked, clarifying his first question.

"There's not many who have succeeded in doing so. As far as I know, I'm the first one to have ever come so close," Rebecca answered truthfully.

Loki looked at Rebecca and was about to say something when Mobius came out of Ravonna's office. Loki sighed as he was hoping it would have just been the two of them for a little longer. Mobius whistled, gesturing for the two of them to follow.

"You're probably wondering what happened out on the mission. That was the first lesson in catching a Loki. Expect the expected," Loki said slightly chuckling to himself as he ran after Rebecca and Mobius.

Rebecca shook her head at Loki as the three of them walked down the hallway. "Half the fun of being a trickster is knowing everyone knows you're a trickster. And then, many of your tricks can come from exploiting the fact that you know that they know–" Loki rambled on but Mobius had enough and interrupted him.

"Okay, just shut up," Mobius exclaimed, causing Rebecca eyes to widen at what her mentor had said. "What happened to the guy I met on the elevator? Who didn't like to talk, remember him? Now, I'm stuck with this guy who won't stop yacking away about what makes a Loki tick!"

"What? Isn't that precisely why I'm here?"

"No. I don't care what makes you tick. You're here to help us catch the superior version of yourself. That's it!" Mobius exclaimed.