long story short

Rebecca walked beside her older brother as they were going to meet their friend to take him to the Stark Expo that night

Rebecca walked beside her older brother as they were going to meet their friend to take him to the Stark Expo that night. She wondered if Steve would like the girl Bucky set him up with tonight or if he was going to be her date. She would never say this out loud but she always had a crush on Steve. If Bucky found out he would make comments until Steve realized what he was getting at.

Rebecca's arm was wrapped around her brother's as the two turned down a less busy street where they knew he was going to see a movie that day. "You think he's actually going to like the girl you set him up with tonight?"

"He will. Are you bringing anyone Bec?" Bucky asked.

"No. The only two guys I know are the two of you, so..." Rebecca paused when she heard a noise coming from the alleyway.

"Hey!" Bucky yelled out noticing it was Steve was being beaten up by a random bully. "Pick on someone your own size."

Rebecca glared at the man as the two stood in between him and Steve. The man tried to fight Bucky and he punched the man back. Rebecca turned to Steve and asked, "You okay?"

"I'm fine, Becca," Steve assured her.

"Sometimes I think you like getting punched," Bucky told him.

Rebecca nodded agreeing with Bucky as she felt like every time she saw Steve he was getting punched by a bully. "I had him on the ropes," Steve muttered.

"Sure you did," Rebecca said with a smile.

Rebecca watched as Bucky picked up another round of enlistment forms that was laying on the ground. "How many times is this?" Bucky asked, chuckling. "Oh, you're from Paramus now? You know it's illegal to lie on the enlistment form. And seriously, Jersey?"

"Oh, lay off him Bucky," Rebecca told her brother.

Steve looked up and noticed Bucky was wearing his uniform, "You get your orders?"

"The one-o-seventh. Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow," Bucky stated.

"I should be going," Steve muttered looking from Bucky to Rebecca.

Rebecca shot Bucky a look as he was about to say something. Bucky shook his head at his younger sister and wrapped his arms around Steve and then Rebecca, "Come on, you two. It's my last night! We gotta get you cleaned up!"

"Why? Where are we going?" Steve asked.

"The future," Rebecca said grinning as she handed Steve a newspaper from today about the Stark Expo. "I'm gonna go freshen up at my place and will meet you two in a bit."

"See ya later Bec! Hey, remember those fight moves if someone tries anything on ya," Bucky said.

"Oh, I will, don't you worry. See you two boys soon," Rebecca said waving.

Rebecca began her journey to her apartment that wasn't too far from the theater. A little down the way Loki had just time slipped from where he thought the person was Mobius to here. He was confused about where he was and started to walk forward. Loki felt someone accidentally bump into him. "I am so sorry sir, I wasn't looking where I was going–"