Chapter 20

Fatima

We were all at the mansion having a little get together with friends and aquaintences. Diggy was home, why not welcome him with a bang?

I was lounging out by the pool outside, just taking time for myself. I've been through a lot these past 5 months; between my mother dying, my brothers coming back into my life and my boss going to jail, I had a lot on my plate. I didn't even have time for myself anymore.

I inwardly sighed as I heard footsteps coming from behind me.

"This seat taken?" He said.

I turned around and saw Roger standing behind me with a questioning look on his face.

"Not at all, knock yourself out." I said motioning towards the seat next to me on the lounge chair. He sat down and swiftly pulled out a blunt from his pocket, beginning to light it up.

"I hope you don't mind...?"

"Nah you're good." I said with a slight attitude. I really didn't mind, it's just that low key I wanted to be alone, but I didn't want to be mean.

He then passed it to me, but I declined.

"So I know you don't wanna be bothered, but I came out here anyways..." He began.

"I told you I didn't mind you being here--"

"Your body language is speaking loud as hell though." He interrupted. "Your back is turned towards me, meaning you don't wanna talk, and you're not talking....which proves my point."

I stared at him for a second. I never talked to Roger, like really talked to him, it was always small talk or a simple hi and bye.

"......so what do you want?" I asked him.

"To be honest? You."

I caught my breathe in my throat. Whoa. I did not see that coming.

"Where is this coming from?"

"Look, I know you're going through a lot--"
"So I'm being used as a charity case? Help when needed? I'm completely fine, thanks."

He blinked twice and started chuckling.

"I don't even know why I tried. I've liked you for a while, but I knew you had this wall built up, so that's why I never tried. But I see it's not coming down anytime soon. Thanks for letting me sit here, goodnight." He said.

And with that, he placed his blunt in the ashtray next to the chair & rises from his seat to leave.

I kinda felt bad for doing that to him. Maybe he really did like me. I just felt so vulnerable right now. My mother just died, I wasn't in my right mind.

I just wish he understood where I was coming from.

Diggy

I bopped my head to Future's The Percocet and Stripper Joint while I sipped on my glass of Henny.

I was away from everyone outside and was upstairs vibing with Nine sitting in front of me. I understand that the party was for me, but I honestly just wanted to be with my girl right now.

I picked up my blunt and puffed twice before sitting it back in the ashtray. "Baby..." I said.

She turned towards me & smiled. "Yeah Bae?"

I wrapped my arms around her from the back and made her lean into me, laying across the headboard of our bed.

"I've been thinking...about leaving."
"Okay.....leaving what exactly?" She questioned intriguingly.