Chapter 8

Nine

People always told me my facial expressions were louder than words themselves, cause the way Trey apologized after asking me to be on his team had me twisted. He wanted me to do what?

"Listen, I didn't mean to upset you with that question. I just see potential in you. You look like you know what you're doing with Diggy and his empire he's built. You walk with your head held high with an attitude to match, and I love it honestly." He said to me. We stopped walking by now and was in front of my car. I thought for a second. This nigga really thinks I'm gonna leave Dig for him? He would kill me AND him & make sure none of that shit gets gets pinned on his recordI spoke up with as much sincerity I could fake as possible. "Trey....I'm really flattered, but I'm in this with Diggy. I'm sure he'd flip if I left him for someone else, hell he'd be angry if he knew about this little meeting between us right now." I said. He nodded. " I understand. But look, if you ever...and I do mean ever need someone to talk to, or if you change your mind, I'm here okay? You got my number." And with that, he walked back to his car and drove off. I shook my head and opened the door to my truck and hopped in. I just sat there thinking about what he said. "...and I do mean ever..." The fuck? Whatever, I cranked up and pulled off, plugging in my phone for some music. I put it on shuffle and Teen Spirit by SZA began booming through my speakers.

Ice under my heels, I hear it breaking

Under my heels, I hear it cracking

Foolish of me to think I had it

Emmanuel, how foolish of me

To think I had it..

I hear your voice behind me

Moving up my neck

I hear you talking

Creeping on my shoulder

I hear you breathing

In my head I hear you screaming

Just do it..

I was in love with her voice, she's so calm, & calm is what I need right now. By the time I was down the street from the park it was about 1:50-ish, close to 2AM. The girls shift is up by now. I made a left from the light I was at making my way back to the diner, pulling up just in time to see Bentley getting out of some guys truck & yelling at him through his window. "Yeah that's why ya dick was little anyways, fuck outta here, bum ass bitch!" She yelled. I quickly parked and got out running over to her, grabbing her arm as the truck zoomed off. "How many times do I have to tell you to not yell at the fucking clients?! They are paying you for your services, which they don't have to do." I explained to her. "I don't give a fuck! He tried that choking shit with me and I wasn't with it, he got mad and only paid me half of what he was suppose to give me." "And how much was that Beverly..." I asked, obviously annoyed. "One stack but I walked away with 500." she said. I shook my head and walked into the diner to get Fatima and Viviana. We all walked out to my truck, got in and I pulled off. It was a pretty silent ride home, until Viv spoke up. "Aye Nine, don't forget I gotta talk to you." she said. "okay, I got you." I said pulling into the driveway of the mansion. We got out and walked in, everyone going their seperate ways. I walked into the living room and saw Diggy eyeing me. uh-oh.

Diggy

I got up from the couch when I heard the girls returning from their shift. I saw Nine enter the living room. Just the person I was looking for. "So I'm not even gonna fuck around, imma just get straight to it: did you go somewhere else while the girls were doing their shift?" I asked. She hesitated for a second, but then confessed. "Okay...I went to meet up with Trigga."I was irritated and upset that not only was I lied to, but betrayed. "He asked me to join him in building his territory, but I just want you to know that I told him that I'm dedicated to you and there's no way in hell that I'd leave you." She said. I had mixed feelings about what happened. A part of me wanted to be upset & beat her ass right there on the spot. But the other part wanted to thank her for being so loyal. I could never stay mad at her. "Okay...don't pull no shit like that again. Tomorrow we meeting up to discuss how we're gonna take down Papa Cole, and I want you to come with me." I told her. She agreed and walked over to me to kiss me. "I'm sorry. I promised it won't happen again." She said. She walked upstairs and I sat back onto the couch.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and read the message.

Nine is a pretty nice girl. She'd look better with me though. You better watch your back.
-Trigga

He must me out of his mind. Who does this nigga think he is? Nyla knows where she belongs, and it isn't with him. I then heard screaming from upstairs. I jumped up and ran upstairs, following the screams from Gianna's room. I bursted through the door to see Marie pulling Nyla off of Gianna as she was yanking her hair to shreads. Damn. "BITCH I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU THINK THIS IS BUT I DONT PLAY AROUND!! TRY TO PUT A HIT OUT ON ME AND YOUR ASS WILL BE DEAD BEFORE MORNING!!" Nyla yelled. I snapped my head in Gianna's direction. What the fuck is going on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Happy New Year! I wouldve updated yesterday but I was having major writers block & didn't know what I wanted to happen next. But I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'm excited cause its gonna start getting way better in the next coming chapters! I promise! Peace
-Leah