Chapter 5

Fatima(Ferrari)

I swear I hate doing things for Diggy while he was gone.

He had me counting all this money on the floor in his office while he was at Spin's house & to be honest it was boring as hell. He had about 50 stacks & he stopped on $5k, so I continued for him & now I'm up to about $10k. He's been gone for like 2 hours and wanted me to be finished by the time he got back, he must be outta his mind.

"Ouch my hand..." I said aloud to myself. I stopped counting & grabbed a sticky note off the table to write down what I stopped on. "Fuck it I need help." I said. I got up from the floor and walked out towards Gianna's room, but stopped when I saw her in the kitchen. "Hey you mind helping me count this money before Dig gets back?" I asked her. She looked up from her phone and stared at me for a second. What the fuck? "Sure, I guess." She said getting up and walking towards the office in front of me. I watched her walk off and just shook my head. I never understood why she always had such an attitude with everyone in this house. Now, I'm not one to walk around like I got a chip on my shoulder cause I wasn't raised like that, my mama always told me "always appreciate what is given to you in life, cause it all could be yanked away in the blink of an eye."

And indeed it was. I haven't seen my mama since I was 8, she got on drugs really bad & just disappeared one day and never came back to Queens. That left my dad, two older twin brothers and I with a hole in our hearts. Both my brothers Xavier and Quincy stepped up and took care of me when my dad passed on when I was 17, they were 24 so they became my guardians. Now that I'm 20, I still talk to them from time to time. Yes, they know what I do. No, they aren't too fond of it either. I still hear them yelling at me every damn time we talk to each other.

But back to Ghost, she acts like she doesn't like anyone that's here, and by anyone I mean no one. Like, what's her problem? I walked back into the office & sat next to her, picked up a stack and began counting again. "Why you always act like that?" I asked Ghost. "What are you talking about?" She said scrunching up her face at me. "Like that man, like everyone is so aggy to you & you feel like you gotta have an attitude all the time." I said. She rolled her eyes and continued counting the money. "Whatever, I don't act like that. I just don't be in the mood sometimes, that's all." She said. "Mhmm...ok..." I said. I'm gonna find out what's up with her, one way or another.

Nine

Damn, I was just about to get it in with Dan before he had to leave, sometimes I really wish we would just leave this all behind, together. I know I put up a front with my feelings for him, but I've come to understand that there aint no room for feelings like that in this game. His focus is on the money, not me.

I was just sitting in his room on his bed, but eventually got bored so I got up & went to take a shower. I walked into my en-suite and turned on the water. I checked my phone for messages and saw I had one from Diggy & another from an unknown number.

-Diggy
Make sure the girls are ready for the next shift at 11 later tonight, I need to see you when I get back.

-Unknown
Meet me by the bridge at 12AM. I've heard a lot about you Nyla, and I want to discuss business with you.
-Trigga

Oh I know damn well...how the hell did this nigga get my number?! I know Daniel didn't give it to him, he isnt stupid for a long shot. It might have been Spin, boy I swear...

I stepped into my shower and began my usual routine. My mind started to drift off to what I was doing earlier with Dig. He must've really been working out lately cause that body was on point. And his tongue, Lord Jesus...I thought.I had to catch myself as I almost slipped in the shower from my legs going weak. I shook my head & finished up and got out grabbing my towel. As soon as I opened my door, there he was staring right at me.

Where do you think you're going?