Chapter 21: Part 1

Diggy

I walked outside to get the mail, just getting a breath of fresh air. As I made my way down the driveway, I noticed an unmarked car with tinted windows parked about 4 blocks away from the house.

Unmarked cars are illegal.

I reached the mailbox, watching the suspicious car at the same time. Something wasn't right, I had that gut feeling....

I quickly looked through the mail while walking back to the front door.

I slammed the door and called for Nyla, slapping the mail on the coffee table in the living room.

She came downstairs shortly. "What's up?"

"Have you noticed a black car with tinted windows parked a couple blocks away from the house?" I anxiously asked.

"Yeah...but I didn't think anything of it. Why, is something wrong?"

I shook my head. "Ny the car is unmarked, I think it's a cop."

She laughed at me, shaking her head. What the fuck was so funny all of a sudden?!

"Babe I think you're a little paranoid. I understand it could be someone but I don't know about a cop. Just relax, okay?" She said.

I twisted my face at her. The fuck was she on?

"Chill? You want me to fucking chill?! What other reason could there be an unmarked car down the street from a kingpin's house huh?! We're suppose to always be on our toes for bull shit like this and you want me to fucking chill Nyla?! What the fuck?!" I ranted.

She didn't respond due to the fact of her reading something that came in the mail.

"So you're just going to ignore what I just said huh.." I asked her. She just kept staring at whatever was on the paper in her hand.

She handed me the paper for me to read it myself.

One man's trash, is another man's treasure. Keep yo eyes open youngin'. You won't be having that pretty little empire of yours much too longer.

So people are sending me death threats now? Was this even considered a death threat?

"Now is it that serious?! Look at the letter Dig! Look! Obviously someone is sending messages." She explained to me.

"It's only a letter, there was no poison, no bomb, no dead rat, nothing. Okay? Now until some shit like that happens, then I'll start giving a fuck."

She shook her head and walked away. Nyla was always stubborn, she never liked to listen. The letter is most likely from someone who doesn't care about their life. Like c'mon, who am I?

I can make a nigga disappear like that.

Marie

I finished packing my overnight clothes and stuffed it into my gym back before walking downstairs. I've been sneaking out for the past 2 weeks, ducking a dodging anyone and everyone.