Chapter 7

Nine

I walked into the home theater to get the girls working the night shift tonight, only to be met with the eyes of both Viviana and Fatima, quickly shutting themselves up from their current conversation. Damn, what did I do? "wow, you guys didn't have to stop talking as soon as I walked in..." I said to them. Viv gave a weak smile. "No its ok, we weren't talking about anything serious anyways." she said. I became a little suspicious but shook off the feeling. "Okay anyways, are y'all ready to go?" I asked. They nodded and got up to follow me out the house. I was almost to the door when I stopped, remembering we were one person short. "Where is Beverly?" I looked at both of them. "She went to the bathroom but that was at least 15 minutes ago." Ferrari said. I instantly became pissed. This bitch is never in place. I gave Fatima the keys & told them to wait in the car while I went back inside to find Bentley. I made my way up the steps through the hallway to the bathroom, only to be stopped when I overheard my name from a nearby room. "...yeah, she stays here in the house.....she's here all the time, rarely leaves unless she's taking the girls out for their shift, like tonight..." I backed up a little and turned around to see that Gianna's door was cracked open. I wasn't one to eavesdrop, but if it involves me then best believe I'm all ears. I stood by the door and listened more closely. It sounded like she was on the phone with someone, trying to be secrative. "...She acts like she's untouchable, its time for someone to put Nyla's ass in her place once and for all..." She whispered. "Ain't this bout a bi--" "What are you doing?" I jumped to the sound of Bentley's voice. "Were you listening to her convo?" She asked me. "What? N-No of course not, where the hell have you been? Its time to go." I said straightening my clothes, I was caught in the act. "A girl had to use the bathroom, jeez." She said making a face at me. I swear I didn't like this little girl. "Yeah okay, just make sure you have what you need and let's go." I said walking off down the stairs & out the door to my truck.

I hopped in the drivers seat while Bentley climbed in the back with Viviana. I pulled off and began speeding down the street towards the highway. "Look, I want you guys to be on your A-game tonight, I don't want anyone slipping up. Got it?" I said half way focusing on the road. "Yeah...aye Nine I gotta talk to you when you get the chance." Viviana said to me. I nodded and pulled off towards the exit in Manhattan.

I started thinking about the text I received from Trey earlier. Should I really go meet this guy? I mean, after all I'm going to sooner or later. I guess I should just get it over with.I drove into the parking lot & we walked in the diner to a secluded spot. "Remember what I said y'all. I'll be back, I have to go take care of some business for Diggy." I said. They all nodded and began their work. They knew better than to ask where and what I'm doing. I walked back outside to my truck and pulled out my phone to text Trey.

Me: Meet me at a nearby park in Manhattan at 12.

Moments later he texted me back.
Trey: I told you to meet me by the bridge.